Take a look at my buds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by daer1303, Apr 17, 2013.

1. #1 daer1303, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2013
    Ok so I have a question I put this plant into flower cycle on 3/21 so almost a month ago. Keep in mind that it is running under a few 23w cfl bulbs and has done pretty good so far. However do think these buds seem pretty small for being put into flower almost a month ago? It's in ffof and has had one watering with dyna gro bloom this week but no other nutrients its whole life. Anyone have any input on the size of them so far. Thanks oh and there are about 40 bud sites on her and this was a bagseed from a skywalker og sack You can view the whole grow journal here too :http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-m.../1181768-indoor-skywalker-og-maybe-micro.html

2. The plant is far behind. Its at about week 1 of flower.

At this route, you will be ready for harvest in about 14 weeks. The buds will be airy and small, but it will be something at least. The plant does look healthy, so that's going for you. Throw some more light on it to shorten your flower time with this one.

3. CFLS dont have the intesity to promote explosive growth.
    It could also be the strain which looks mostly Sativa.
    Sativas generally have a longer flowering time and some start abit later then others.
    Each strain will be different, there is no base line of growth between strains.
    I ran with CFLs in my last grow and now im using a 600W hid and the growth and vigor is incomparable and both grows were the same strain and phenom.
    Id recommend investing in a t5 bulb set or a HID kit to get better results.

4. #6 GoldGrower, Apr 18, 2013
    that's about as expected for a plant with that many growing shoots under very low light. ScrOG would of really helped you but that will have to wait for next time now. train them around the bulbs by tying them down. try to get as many growing shoots within a couple of inches away from the bulbs. make sure you keep a fan blowing 24/0

5. *light intensity does not effect flowering times.
    *there is no way you can assume bud will be airy and small at this point.
    *most strains don't show any pistils in the first week.

6. #8 Spaced, Apr 18, 2013
    Oh really? I've got almost 10 years of growing under my belt, what do you have?

* Light intesity DEFINITELY affects flower time if there isn't adequate lumens.

* CFLs yield light and airy buds due to the distance from the bulbs and the lack of intesity and lumens

*this is correct, which is why any real grower knows the actual first week of flower is when pistols SHOW. Smfh.

7. Hey Spaced, this is a first indoor cfl grow so I wouldnt say Im a real grower by any means. However when you put it that way the pistols only started showing about 2 weeks ago does that make any difference in the outcome of how small they are? Also Im going to add another 5 23W 100w equivalent 2700k bulbs so they should make some difference right? that would be 10 total 23w 2700k bulbs. Thanks for all the info

8. Just invest in hps light. Ur plants will love u for it.

9. was going to but wanted to try a little project to see what I could produce just off a basic simple setup

10. Yes that makes a huge difference :). In all reality your plant is in about the 2nd week of flower, which puts it right on track!

Most growers consider the 'first week' of flower to be from the first sight of pistols, not from the 12-12 switch.

Its like on seedbank websites, if they say its a "65 day flower period" they mean roughly 65 days from the first sight of sex.

Hope this helps :) grow on!

11. MUCH APPRECIATED SPACED! just made my day to know its on track.

12. #14 GoldGrower, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2013

I have well over 20 years of experience growing weed, about 8 or 9 years with cfls

light intensity could only effect flower rates if they were basically left in the dark, or very dimly lit. these plants won't have this.

what? cfls yield less because they are further away? you do realise you can move them closer right? and they will still be cfls. cfls can be positioned one inch away, you can't get much closer than that

exactly, that's what I'm saying, pistils first start to show a week in. therefore your obviously wrong about the plant looking like they have only been in for a week as they have several pistils on it

btw they are called pistils, not pistols lol

wtbs

13. they are "in flower" as soon as they have had 12 of darkness irrespective of whether they show flowers yet or not. seed banks state the earliest realistic harvest time, not the peak time, but they count from the first day of 12/12, go ahead and ask them, it's no secret

14. Some growers count the plants flowering time from the start of pistils but most count it at the start of 12/12. The plants seem to be further behind probably due to lack of lights and nutrients. Environment and growing medium is the main factor in flowering time. From experience my clones of the same strain finish faster due to warmer temps compared to when growing during the colder times of the year. Hydro can also speed up flowering and also increase yield greatly over soil.