Taco shells.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by btstout12, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Goodmorning forum, my plants have recently been taco shelling and i looked it up and people say its a cal-mag def? And i dont have any cal-mag and cant really afford any right now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I was wondering if i could put a small ammount of these nutes in a gallon of water and fees it to them. Would that fix anything?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Im using Miracle-Gro for soil and the nutes are from them as well. I kniw they have slow release nutes but could they have ran out? Or dwindling?
    Any help or information would be great, thank you in advance :).

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. That can also be from too much heat. Lights too close to plant?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Led 300 watt, about 19 inches away. I dont have anything to check temps but im pretty sure its not past 85 in there.

4. I think you also need to post a pic with neutral lighting to see colors on leaves and so on as it is very hard to see what is going on when you just see pink

5. Optimum temps for veg are between 72-78 depending on strain IMHO

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I know I've seen canoeing (or tacoing) on heat stressed plants a few times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hmm. Okay. I'll have to somehow check temps even tho i dont have anything to check it with lol.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Here is the plant today. So i gave it a small ammount of nutes two days ago, and now its super taco shell and drooping bad. I have another plant that I've only been giving water and that plant is doing amazing. Looking really good. I didnt give it any nutes yet cause i just watered it the day before (shes in a 1.8 gal pot and about a month or so old). But the plant i gave the nutes to is a little under a month old. And now the one i gave the nutes to is dying, i'll put pics below. Growing in miracle grow potting soil. And i know i shouldnt have put nutes in with the miracle grow but i wanted to see what would happen.

(apologies if i dont make sense, just finished my first bowl of the day lol)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. From those orange black spots it's calcium deficiency. The rest of the leaves look light green you can see the dark veins that's magnesium. They look droopy are you over watering? If you can't afford nutes there's cheaper stuff out there. Epson salts?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. I can get epson salt yeah, there is some in my house. But i think its scented. And i might have over watered yeah. Usually i dont but it was like 3 days since i watered before that so i thought "why not".