T5 24w Led Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Crazysalmon, Sep 18, 2012.

1. I currently have only one light on 2 plants. I read that I need to keep it 1 to 2 inches away from the top of my plants for maximum efficiency. Is this correct? I only have one of these t5 24w led tubes as of now. My plants are 8 inches and a foot and a half and I put the 8 inch one on a shoebox so it could be at same height as the other. Is this setup going to work for the meantime? I think i'll need a bigger more powerful light in the future? Please help?

2. Yea you can keep a t5 as close as 2-3" from the top of the plant. You will definitely need at least 150w(200w would be even better) for the two plants. The more light the better.

3. Thank you for the reply. Will the current light work until i can find a better one?

4. I think it can work for the first week or 2 of vegging, while the plant is still small and basically all the leaves are the same distance from the T5. Get 5 more T5 and surround them with lights. That should be enough for a one man harvest.

5. Will it not work for 2 small plants?

6. Basically hes saying you need to get more lights... Will it work with what you have? Sure, but not for long as they start to grow.. Especially for 2 plants. Your yield will be highly effected from the amount of light your providing, and may end up with next to nothing. Realistically, your not going to make it very far in your grow with just 24 watts, especially in flower!

7. Okay but will my plants die if I don't get them more light until friday?

8. I dont think theyll die by friday, but it seems that may be your only option, so you can wait it out until then and see. The rule of thumb around here is 100 watts for 1 plant and 50+ for any additional plants. Your plants being so young probably wont have too much effect, but youll want to get them more light as soon as possible. At minimum, go out and buy 3-6 23 watt CFL 6500K bulbs and that should hold you over with your T5 for most the grow. Thats still at the minimum light that a "worthy" plant should have!

9. Sorry mean to say the 3-6 23 watt 6500k bulbs will hold you over through veg, but youll want to get another 3-6 in the 2700k spectrum for flower

10. Okay and if I go out and buy those light bulbs what kind of light fixture would I hook them up to? I'm not good with wiring and such...

11. CFL uses normal light sockets.. You can go buy AC adapting light sockets, or 3 Y socket adapters. You can plug the adapters directly to a power board. Otherwise go to home depot/menards or any hardware store and buy a bathroom fixture and wire them in.