Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

T-Break: Progress, Tips & Tricks

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by mutylator, Oct 22, 2018.

1. #1 mutylator, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Background

Toking for nearly 10 years now. Going on a two week long tolerance break starting today. Over the last month my tolerance skyrocketed from daily smoking; from when I got up at 6am till I went to bed at 10pm. Non-stop bong rips, all day. I now need 2g+ a day to get to where I need to be (still able to function fine lol), a month ago 0.5g would have me roasted for the whole day. Basically can't afford it and need to cut back.

Is 2 weeks enough?

Yes, from the extensive research I've done 2 weeks will easily get me back to where I need to be. Four weeks is the maximum amount of time I would recommend to a really heavy smoker. All the CB1 receptors in your brain will have up-regulated by then (I can cite the studies if anyone wants). Any longer is beneficial only if your goal is to save money. Even as little as 4 days can cause a significant drop in tolerance to a heavy smoker.

Keeping tolerance low.
    1. Smoke in the evenings only. Smoking multiple times a day is the single worst thing for keeping tolerance low.
    2. Take it easy. A single huge smoke session can lead to a significant bump in tolerance.
    3. Taking a day or two off each week really helps.
    4. Take longer breaks between hits. (e.g. instead of trying to stay at a constant 8/10 let it drop to 6/10 before taking the next hit)
    5. Exercise.
    6. Avoid excessive alcohol which can cause a cross-tolerance.
    Tips.
    • OTC first-gen antihistamine for sleep (promethazine or diphenhydramine work best).
    • Eat you Omega-3's
    • Force yourself to eat something even if you really don't feel like eating
    • KEEP OCCUPIED!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Thanks for the info and tips. Very nicely done.
    You may want to remove the references to other drugs which isn't allowed on the forum.

3. Will do.

4. "instead of trying to stay at a constant 8/10 let it drop to 6/10 before taking the next hit)"

Please explain the above reference, I am totally lost as to what you are referring to.

5. How high you are on a level of 1-10. The higher you are for longer the more saturated the receptors become. The more saturated they become the higher the likelihood of them desensitizing and "shutting down". Think about it this way, by going easy for a bit you free some receptors making them less likely to "shut down".

• Like Like x 1
  6. I've found not smoking is great for lowering tolerance.

• Agree Agree x 1