System Of A Down

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Danka, Aug 9, 2009.

1. I was going to write SOAD as the thread name but they deserve a full spell out.

steal this album and toxicty will always be those CDs i look back on and wonder how many times i listened to them.

nothing better then blasting system with a blunt. If its not blasting its not the same.

well real reason i posted this thread is i heard from someone they were making a comeback. As much as i wish he wasnt making it up im pretty sure he was =(

wish i could see them before i die.

2. System of a Down is a great band! I loved their first three albums: Self Titled, Steal This Album, and Toxicity. I liked their last two albums a lot, but defiantly not on the same level as the first three. The first three were GREAT with Serj as the front man and Daran shredding the guitar. Then with Mezmerize and Hypnotize Daran started acting pretty gay I think. Oh well, it was sad to see them go on their "indefinite hiatus" but I think they needed it. If they come back I hope it will be like the old days.

3. Check out Serj Tankian. He's doing a solo project and has some pretty good songs such as "Empty Walls." Also Daron and the drummer formed a different band called Scars on Broadway. Their more of a rock sounding band, surprising that Daron didn't want it to be crazy like he usualy was with SOAD. The bass player, Shavo, is in a hip hop band called Achozen.

4. Old stuff is good, new stuff is meh.

Jump! pogo pogo pogo pogo pogo pogo pogo

5. System Of A Down is definitely one of my favorite bands, but i do agree that their latest material hasnt quite matched the quality of the first few, and Serj Tankian and Scars On Broadway are good to, but still don't compare to the older System albums..