Synthetic urine vs. GC/MS?

Discussion in 'General' started by miztokealot, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Hey blades, I posted a topic a few days ago in Apprentice asking this question, and I didn't really get an answer.

I'm taking a pre-employment urine 10 panel drug screen. From what I have gathered, I'm not going to be watched, but I think my job paid for the GC/MS tech.

I bought quick fix before I found out what type of test I was getting, and now I am wondering if the GC/MS is able to detect Quick Fix 5.7 (most recent batch, called and checked). The lab I am going to is Labcorp.

Any insight on if Labcorp is able to detect Quick Fix 5.7 synthetic urine?

I've literally spent hours looking on the internet for answers. So many forums >.>

2. Quote from a quick Google search, "LabCorp or Qwest don't detect QuickFix because they follow protocols to be federally legal. Some of the smaller state labs don't follow protocol. "

3. Could I have a link to this page? I've done google searches and can't find whatever you have. I just did one 5 seconds ago "does labcorp detect synthetic urine", and I just see all these websites advertising their products (of course they are going to say they work)

The GC/MS is not a normal test that they run, it's costly so most employers don't even bother with it (but not mine >.>), so people who do use synthetic urine don't make it to the GC/MS since they passed the preliminary (if temp is correct)

From my understanding of this machine, it uses gas to separate all the chemicals/elements in the sample...

4. Let me google that for you

First link.