Symphilids? Help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by WilliamSparks98, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Hey guys,
    When I came to check up on my plant i saw these little centipede like crawling around in the soil. There wasn't many of them only like 5 that I could see on top of the soil but I'm sure that there are many more beneath the soil. My plant is just a seedling and has no visible signs of damage (so far). I read somewhere that using Tobacco juice kills them, so what do you think I should do. I don't smoke (tobacco) so should i just go to my local CVS and buy a pack of cigs and take the tobacco and mix it with water and give it to the plant? Thanks!:)

P.S.
    Heres a pic of what they look like
    [​IMG]

2. tobacco tea will kill them , however I have never poured it on the soil only sprayed the leaves with tobacco tea, so I cant say it wont cause any damage.....

Neem oil , will kill the bugs and not hurt the plants

3. Ok, I will try to use neem oil. So should i just pour the oil on the soil and then add water?

4. mix 3 teaspoons of neem oil to a gallon of water , water till it comes out the bottom of the pot, repeat next watering, if necessary

5. Okay, will do.
    Thank you for your help

6. Yes neem oil is great for a wide array of things. and all natural its a good thing.