Switching to flowering/Nutrient ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Guy09274, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Ok so I have been vegging a Bubba Kush clone for almost a week now. She is about 6 inches and I plan on flowering her at 8.

My question is regarding nutrients. I have her on Miracle Grow 24-8-16 (ya i know its not the best, but seems to be working great for me). Should i stop giving her the veg nutes if I plan on switching to flowering within the next week or is it fine to go from veg nutes straight to flower nutes?

Also should i be flushing this plant or do people only flush a plant when thay are having problems?!

As always, I appreciate the help! :hello:

-Guy

2. Don't know how to provide an answer so I'll just tell you how I do it. When I'm 4 days away from flowering I begin feedind ONLY water once every 2 days so thats 2 waterings then on the day I switch to flowering, that is also the day I switch to flowering nutes or 1 day after depending how damp the soil is;)

3. i give my plants both veg and flower the 1st week of flowering, maybe even 2 (depending on the strain) if there is any yellowing. doing this will make sure there is enough N in the soil for the stretch, and still have enough of the P-K to help with flower development.

4. Ok and should i be feeding every time i water? I have watered 3 times and fed them 2 of those 3 times. I use 50% of recommended amount on box. Plants are doing very well so far.