Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Switching to edibies only

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Deleted member 985876, Jan 20, 2019.

1. I had a terrifying experience tonight. Not with any of the effects of THC mentally.

Its that I started wheezing and had trouble breathing and felt a sharp tightness in my lungs out of no where. This being even hours after I inhaled last.

I have been dabbing and smoking bud daily for the past 6 years. Now that is probably going to come to an end.

I have no idea if my sudden problem is a result of smoking or inhaling anything however to be on the safe side I'm going to only use edibles for now on.

I'm still freaking out a little as this the 1st time I've ever experienced something like this in my life. I'm hoping my lungs are okay. I'm kinda scared now. :frown:

I can't believe this is my 1st possible bad side effect. :cry:

Welp hope y'alls lungs are healthly and happy.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. That could also be an asthma attack. If it's really related to the smoking, you should've been getting lighter symptoms way earlier and not such a sudden attack out of nowhere. This might also be due to poor exercise, maybe jogging helps too.
    I'd suggest you go see a doctor, he should know better.

3. I smoke often so I switched to a vape so I don’t worry about it as much. Costly but effective. But I agree maybe an asthma attack.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. after years of smoking weed, the sore throat and cough led me to edibles and I never looked back. I enjoy some most every day and don't miss smoking it one bit

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Exact same thing happened to me, not trying to scare you but later i was diagnosed with emphysema, i quit cigarettes but never stopped smoking weed, my wife is begging me to switch edibles or capsules.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. I too mostly vape now because of chest discomfort from smoking. Vapinghas the advantage of using a lot less bud than smoking does.

Edibles just don't satisfy me. No matter How high I get on them I still want a hit as soon as a rush ends. If you smoke or vape the drug gets to your brain as a delta 9 THC. But if you eat it your liver converts it to a hydroxy 11 THC which is a slightly different drug and feels different too. Eating it the high comes in waves. In. Between the waves I crave a hit.

I'm 77 years old and I've been using since 1967. Smoking is too hard on my lungs now after all those years of smoking. I do truly wish edibles did satisfy me.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. another +1 for vaping

although you should do whatever makes you comfortable.
    I would suggest seeing a physician and bringing up your concerns.

I am almost exclusively vape- and edible-only at this point.
    less due to health concerns and more just because I enjoy it more!
    I still smoke whenever others suggest it.

(the transition to enjoying it more than smoking was a long one, though. and I never would've believed the people on FuckCombustion about how it feels to vaporize cannabis on lungs completely free from smoke, if I hadn't done it for myself after 12 months completely sober.)

I supplement or replace vaping with edibles at least a few days a week as well.

sorry to hear about your experience, OP!
    I would give your lungs a break, for sure.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Thanks everyone, I feel a lot better now. Although I guess I may have asthma without even knowing it. :laughing:

Once I get paid I can go see a doctor. :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. I find my Kief-Hash Coconut oil, Lecithin Capsules to provide more then enough all day stone that I have to take real care if my neighbor shows up with a joint or his bong. It's rare I toke at all now as I'm so near limit on the oil caps that even a single toke can push me higher then I'm comfortable being for a good hour.

Edibles on me are a long flat ride with very little change over the duration of the stone. It's up and steady state for a good 6 hours with a 2 hour coast down at the end.
    40 years of combined cigs and weed. Stopped cigs in 2011 and then a bad lung infection put the stop on toking weed in 2013 and I switched to pure edible oil capsules.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. Maybe you would like tinctures which I find give you similar effects to smoking.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. It still goes through your liver and gets converted to Hydroxy 11 THC. And no, it doesn't do it for me any better. It just comes on a little sooner.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Edibies work well for me. Actually I haven't felt this high in years.

Its only day 1 and this already feels better. :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. If you keep it under your tongue it will be absorbed in your bloodstream, bypassing the liver. I agree, if you swallow the tincture, then it's just an edible.

14. Dude what?? I never knew you could get THC directly in the blood stream so easily. Thank you!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Somehow I doubt that. Where did you get that idea?

16. I would like to know the answer to this as well.

I don't understand eddibles. I can eat an eddible and get high as a kite. Then a month later, eat the exact same thing and feel absoltely nothing to the point that I forgot I even ate it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Do u have a caugh when ur not smoking? Ever caugh up phlegm?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sometimes.

But the air is cold here as well. The color is clear though. Seems healthly there.

I tried smoking a little I coughed but, it was a much easier cough to handle.

I like edibies enough though to make them my primary choice.

19. I vape, dab, and use homemade edibles. You think it could of been something ur dabs were made with? How does ur nail look? Does it have residue all over it or is it clean?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Its always dirty I've been using it for a long-ass time.

You really are thinking outside the box man thanks.

It could be something on my nail.