Switching from 18/6 to 12/12?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HighMountainSkier, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Does anything "special" need to be done around the switch? Obviously, switching the bulbs out to the 2700K variety needs to be done, but what about water, nutes? Should the switch be done at the start of a light cycle or the end?

Anything else?

thanks
    HMS

2. you using HID's?? or cfl's??

3. I'd give your ladies about 10 days to get into the flowering cycle before you start giving them a flowering nute. might have to water more frequently that all depends just keep an eye on it an water how you would normally. you can switch them at the end or beginning, doesn't really matter. i'm guessing he is talking about fluros if he is switching bulbs.

4. I would go 14/10 for atleast a week so ur plants dont go into to big of a shock and then take it down to 12/12. :smoke:

good luck bro!

5. Just switch over. Some do a transition period of intermediate light schedule (for example 18/6 then 17/7 the next day, 16/8 the next, and so on until 12/12) but that is not necessary, a direct switch to 12/12 will not stress the plants. In fact, I usually do the opposite and give about 30 hours of uninterrupted dark to kick-start the hormonal reaction to flowering.