Switch from 12/12 to 18/6

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rosstitute, May 11, 2009.

1. Hi guys, i've been flowering now for about 4 or 5 weeks on 12/12, im just wondering when i should change to 18/6? Im using 5x100watt equiv cfl's and 1x100watt HPS.

Thanks guys

2. Why would you go back to Veg (18/6)?

3. 6 hours of light. like as in the winter...

4. Never heard of anyone doing that. I use 18 hours of light, 6 of dark to simulate the long days of early spring/summer and then use 12/12 to simulate the short days of fall and the end of summer. Never heard of anyone going to 6 hours of day light. Let me know how it goes though. Very curious.

5. Don't do that. Keep it on 12/12 until you harvest it.

6. Did that come out backwards or did i miss sumtin:confused: Y R U changing ??wat:smoking: You should be on 12/12 untill u finish the grow or atleast no more than 12hrs a day.

7. sweet, thanks for answering my question

8. Did you ever do the Veg cycle (18 hours of light, 6 of dark) ?
    Or did you just go straight 12/12 from seed?

9. Are you trying to put them back into veg?

10. No he's not. He said he wanted to do 6 hours of DAYLIGHT like in winter. I think he's confused about the light cycles.

11. Oh, so he wants to go 6/18. This doesn't sound like a good idea, maybe if you were to kill it off in like a 3 day span? 12/12, 10/14, 8/16, then try 6/18? I don't see what this would do tho.

12. Lol, me either. I'm pretty sure he was just confused about the light cycles. I'm curious though if he did 12/12 from start and "if" so, I want to see pictures of his plant(s). I'm really curious about 12/12 from rclone or seed.

13. I've read about it on here, just pretty much leaving a clone in the red cup and flowering it, it works, not alot of yield.

14. The question is "Is the time that you save skipping on the veg phase to produce bud worth the difference" . I'd love to know. I think 12/12 from seed would be the bomb for super microgrows where you only have like 20 inches of height.

15. I highly doubt it, but worth the experiment if you go for it, tho I heard it usually maxes at about a quarter ounce per cup, which I guess at 20 cups, wouldn't be terrible, but I'd think patience would be much more worth it. If you wanna do it tho, I would think some autoflowers in red cups would be the best way to go