Swamps

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by shermen, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Well this will be my second season. I want to try a new plot. I live in a very swampy area on the east cost. its about 6" deep mud. Ive built up walls and piled in horse manor. But will my plants get over water once the tape into the muck? diseases? And root decay? Is there any strains i should check out? Any help would be nice exspecial if you have used swamp/marsh land.

2. what paralel do you live at? I love swamp planting but some strains dont do well with the bug population. if you build a hill with the "mud" to gain elevation and put a tote with the bottom cut out on top of the pile you can fill it with goood soil mix and go with that but remember to get it up, a swamp can change water level really quick.

3. I was think about doing that mound but then my plants will get to tall and grow out over those punk plants. U think i could dig out the muck put a tarp in that then load? Was also looking at Hollands Hope? Supposedly very strong and mold resistant. Any one else have any other strains to survive a NJ summer.

4. dont use a tarp you'll stop drainage. you want plants to "BUSH" in swamps so topping and clone growing is a consideration. hope is good but kinda big. easy sativa will rock but need to be topped. if your not expierenced outdoors than swampin can be very frustrating.

5. I wouldn't consider myself experienced, but if i get it good here ill have a legit plot to last. thanks for your input bro any other suggestions would be nice. also does any one know if cattails and bud grows good together. or should this completely wiped from area.

6. Ya im really worried about mold. But im hoping to mound it up high enough so. Well ill start at the sight this spring. still looking for a good strian any help would be nice. Thanks

7. im having the same problem, i was thinking about using like a 5 gallon bucket and drilling holes mid way around it?

8. i was down in my spot yesterday haven't been there in like two months. I found my excat spot i want. It is 6 inches deep then like a foot of muck. but a has a great circle of semi small trees around it. I also found the height of tthe surrounding plat hights which are like 10 feet. =) I also have a great spot by me for Horse manour. I plaing on that to be thee main amount of material in my grow spot to build up with. Idk but this is going to be a great summer.

9. I used to do this, planting in swamps and all what i would do is look for a treeline near the water in a very inaccessable place then i would dig a hole about 2 1/2 feet wideand a foot deep 1" above the water table i would not plant in the hole but i would plant in the pile that came out of the hole. my best product to date came from this method
    I used no fertelizer just planted a seedling and let it go. came back just be fore frost and that was it on that note i could see it across the water flat with a pair of binoculars. from a trail. anyways thats what i did

10. i planted 80 plants in a humid swampy area once a few yrs back, big mistake, i went back 2 weeks later and they were all gone because of slugs and snails.not to mention my plants were 14" high when planted, so they werent babies.

what the slugs did was they ate the stem at the base of the plant, then when the plant had fallen over they would just eat all the stems. i could tell because when i went back all that was left was a few leaves where i had planted each plant....money and time wasted.

i say this because i learned a good lesson that year, never ever ever plant in a swampy area, unless you got a shit load of slug and snail bait..

11. Or just learn how to deal with slugs and snails... its not THAT hard.

12. ahah im worried allot more about the mold problem cause if we have another really rainy summer i might have really weak plants. SO im still trying to chose a good strain.

13. I grew in a swamp last year and had mold problems and snails on my indincas they where a shorter fat plant and the air didnt flow threw the plant and mold happend.Slugs do suck but run copper wire around base of plant by making a 6 inch loop so the plant can grow up threw the loop and not get choked of.They will not cross the copper wire.And lace the area with slug bait.Now for the mud muck thing i went with grow bags 20-30 gallon ones.Put them on logs piled up to get out of mud.But let the bag be at least 1 inch in the mud so it can get water all on its own.Now the plant this plant was owsome for the swamps BIG TIME NO SHIT ! Dutch passion twilight its a purple strain.TUFF as nails it grows just like a stativa tall and nods are spaced out and they get great air flow so no mold .And no bugs no problems just awsome.i had one that was 10 feet tall.Another 14 footer.Now if you supper crop this thing after its 4 nod you should get 4 tops and it should stay under 10 foot.I got 8 onces of one that i didnt top .I realy think if you feed it good organics you could get a half pound or more per plant.I feed mine this mix on a 30 gallon grow bag. thirty table spoons sea bird shit,thirtey table spoons of bat shit I it was 1-12-1 and the bird shit is 10-10-2 and .And then 5 table spoons of epson salt,1 cup kelp meal,1/3 cup dolimite lime,6 gallons worm shit 15 gallons compost, 5 gallons perilite,4 gallons peat.Half cup green sand, and 15 table spoons of pot ash it has a 0-0-30 and make shure its organic espoma has it.mix it all up and then spray it down with water in a trash can maybe 3-4 gallons water have some holes in drum to let the water drain of and let it cook 30-40 days with a lid on it. If you start them indoors and you should PH test the plant food every time.I loved the neptune harvets fish em.And there liq, kelp with a pinch of epson salt for the mag, good luck its a killer plant the hollinds hope wouldnt do it.

14. Thank you for the help man!!! im def going to try something like that but i can,t get bags like that so i may do something like a 12' by 12' out of whole logs the slowly drain the top to the muck scoop up halfe of the then fill with my mix of compost horse crap and peat moss. Never heard of the copper rode but damn it sounds nice. THanks agian and hope to hear from you own my grow this summer. Good luck to you in this season

15. you can get the bags from www.wormsway.com seeds attitude seed bank great seed place Also some thing to think about 40 gallon construction trash bags from wal-mart just add your own drain holes.and add 30 gallons of soil mix.If you just pile up dirt with alot of water under it I would think the rain would wash it away ,think things threw so your grow will go well.becous every thing will try to go wrong believe me:rolleyes:

16. I like planting in swamps i get about 12" sauna tubes they use for concrete and cut them in 2 ' sections and then twist them into the soil about a couple inches or so then fill with your favorite soil mix and works greatonly problem i had was one of my plots was cut down by the po-po but they where like 8 to 9 foot high and above all the surrounding plant life tried to tie them down but the stupid asss moose would get all tangled up in my network of strings lol

17. haha hope the 5 O dont find mine cause i doent feeling paying for bud any longer i may use the tubs in a shallow pond i was looken at