Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Swallowing smoke?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JAmadeus, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Sometimes when I take a really big hit from a bong, I'll accidentally swallow some of the smoke, and burp it back out later. Is this bad to do? I've never gotten sick from it, but I'm afraid it'll give me stomach ulcers or something.

Also, can THC be absorbed through the stomach lining at all, or am I just wasting smoke when I swallow it?

2. I've also done the same shit bruh.

I don't see why there would be any heath problems. THC can be absorbed through the stomach lining, mostly through edibles that have activated THC in them, but it's from straight bud. To my knowledge the stomach doesn't have the tiny alveoli and vessels necessary to absorb THC in smoke from through gas exchange.

How much smoke you be swallowing? I don't think it's enough to be wasting bud as long as you chiefin' them bong ripps for days son :smoking:

3. No, the stomach doesn't absorb it. I would try to not swallow it if you can, but otherwise it isn't very harmful.

4. When I swallow it, I get stomach aches, I just feel really bloated

5. i remember i swallowed a bunch of smoke one time and like an hour later while at dinner i burped and the smoke came back up smelling so rancid i had to leave the room i dunno if it's bad for you i know it's not good for you i would say just try not to swallow but i don't think swallowing a little smokes goin to hurt to much

6. Its a wasted hit, and that's bad enough. You could probably get some pretty painful gas bubbles from it too. No bueno

7. Swallowing smoke into your stomach is likely just as bad as inhaling it

8. Happens to me all the time when I hit my buddies homemade bong.

9. #9 Hi Im Carter, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2013
    Idk.. ive seen mixed results with this. Personally i swallow smoke all the time but a buddy of mine who is newer to smoking swallowed some and he displayed the contents of his lunch on his tile a bit later.
    EDIT: i dont swallow smoke purposely. sometimes i just try to take the fattest hits evarrrrr and accidently gulp a bit down. haha

10. How do you accidentally swallow smoke? Just dont...

11. Youve never gotten so big of a hit to where you accidentally swallow it? I used to when i started smoking, and ik some friends who still do. Ive learned how not to swallow smoke

12. Lmao you just dont swallow, you cough it out. Not rocket science.

13. Nah it won't kill ya you can feel like shit after swallowing to much. My friend through up doing that lol. But really you shouldn't swallow it cuz it's not fun lol

14. I think ur stomach hurtin after cuz ur swallowing air.. It causes you gas.. So swallow that smoke if u want to

15. Thanks for the replies, I'm just gonna work on suppressing the urge to swallow on big hits. Even though it's hilarious when I burp the smoke out a few minutes later when I'm in a public place, it's not worth the stomach ache.

16. just when u smoke, think about it as breathing in it isn't any different from that. That's how I got over swallowing pretty much.

17. Its not going to do anything bad. I actually swallow my smoke to produce more smoke but its bad to do before school cause i have burped smoke out in class

18. When I accidentally swallow a bit it always makes me burp, like, right away.

19. I swallow purposely every time. Is this bad? Do you all just hold it in your mouth?