Swallowing problems

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Giorgi, Oct 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Guys, I smoked weed 1 week ago( I had only smoked 3 or 4 times before this day) and had a very bad ride,I panicked and thought that I would die, but still managed to get my shit together. But after this day I had some problems, first few days I had a little panick attacks and cottonmouth, and 2 days ago I started having swallowing problems, I am able to swallow liquid but can't swallow food, have you had this kind of experience and if yes, what advice would you give me?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Chew your food

You are probably just over thinking it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. I only have difficulty swallowing when I have a panic attack.... normally this doesn't last for a prolonged period of time. Have you been having extreme anxiety over the last few days or something??

4. If you've been having a lot of cottonmouth lately and you're having problems swallowing food, it might be because you're dehydrated. People need to consume 8 glasses of water a day. This includes the water we get from stuff we eat -- like fruit, dairy, etc.

But remember: when in doubt, seek the advice of a medical professional. We're a bunch of stoners -- what do we know from medicine? :confused_2:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yes, I am an RN and have a physical therapy (LPTA) background and because of the this I pay attention to the positive and negative effects.
    3 considerations:
    Almost feels like throat is closing. I read a medical paper stating there is such an issue.
    (1) The muscles may be relaxed, but also it can (2) cause throat irritation which will cause inflammation from smoking. I think it is a physiological thing for some people like myself. I’ve definitely noticed it several times and it’s a bit scary. There is also another consideration… If you’re swallowing the smoke you may need to belch. I’ve noticed that does help some when I feel that pressure building where I can’t swallow well.

6. My wife has a hard time swallowing as well

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. #7 old shol4evr, Jun 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    delete

8. I dunno, I just felt like the above were worth quoting.

9. Oh no you didn't! :lmafoe:

• Like Like x 1