swaenKs First Time Journal.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by paenk, Jun 2, 2004.

1. trainin depends on the plants. when they get a lil bigger, and depending on what youre trying as far as training will determine when. if youre doing some lst, id wait till they were around the 4th week mark or 6 inches, depends on you. i think i started mine in my current grow right at the end of 3 weeks.

hps again is up to you. i dont run mine at all till they go into flower. thats jus my preference and i really dont want to run the hps longer than 12 hrs. i use the cfl for vegn, because they work, plus they provide more blue light then red.

2. I get what your saying. I can wait another week or so for training too. I wanna make a Z shape :D do something original... It will look cool as well as improve growth. What is the wattage on your CFL's?

Might as well update the pic's as well. 1 day of growth is insane. I can't imagine what these are gonna look like in 1 month.

This one doesn't have as much growth but it still has nice growth
    [​IMG]

My baby, her name is "Mary-Jane" very original I know. She has grown so much.
    [​IMG]

3. sup swaenK? as long as the stems are flexible, you can twist them i suppose into any direction you choose. my cfls are currently 26 watts a piece

4. He he he. I am experimenting ;D. I just had a great idea. I placed a CFL light in the middle of the two plants. I am gonna leave it there until both plants start to grow towards it. Then I am gonna tie it in place, and flip the pot around and let it try to grow towards the CFL again. There will be still full lighting because of my 48 inch fluoro, but still, this idea just might work. I will take a picture tomorrow, the lights are off ATM, or I would now.

5. I light proofed my room. Check it out! Tin foil and duct tape.
    [​IMG]

This is a picture of my closet closed with the lights on, in mid daylight. It's pretty sweet ass how light proof that tinfoil is.
    [​IMG]

6. I was also talking about my new idea. Created by me I might add. If any one uses this, they have to refer to it as "swaenK Stress Training" or "sST". It's where you put a light inbetween two plants, and then the plant grows towards the light. Eventualy the stem gets to the edge of the container, and you tie the stem there. From there you turn the plant when it's tied to that spot, and then it grows towards the light again. Here's a picture of it.
    [​IMG]

I've got so many more pictures to post :D Here's a picture of my slightly smaller plant with the wierdest leaf growth. The leaves are actualy growing underneath other leaves on the same stem. It's fucked up.
    [​IMG]

7. I've put them on 18/6 now. As you can see this is my timer system. I have the timer plugged into another bar, so I can turn multiple lights on and off.
    [​IMG]

A closer pic of my timer.
    [​IMG]

8. Here's miss mary-jane. She's my biggest, As you can see she's leaning towards the light.
    [​IMG]

My other baby.
    [​IMG]

9. Here's pictures of both the ones that refuse to grow. They just recently decided to move (oh so very little). These are exactly the same age as the other two.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. hey swaenk nice plants i strted grown for tha first time i am only growin 1 i just wanna get the idea of it but i was wondrin if you could send me that grow bible u have well peace

11. Message me on aim right now and I will send all the growing books I have. My name is swaenKmonsta

12. Have been away for a few days while moving but glad to see things are looking good for you. No idea what to think on those smaller two plants you have but maybe repot and try some of the natural soil additive stuff dread has been using on his grow. Couldn't hurt I don't think but not positive just an idea.

I will go back and reread to see what you are using for soil etc, I have forgotten. I seem to remember those being replanted and the stems were very long so you buried some of it below the soil. I know this does affect some plants/trees/shrubs in an adverse way. Just a possiblity also.

Grow area is lookin good will keep an eye here I'm sure.

Gg

13. Well the smaller plants are starting to grow, but they are doing so slowly. Maybe I just traumatized them and they needed time to recover. What ever the case may be, like I said, they are recovering. I think since I moved the light away, there lazy asses have to grow upwards toward it to get enough light. Before they could just sit around and veg out. Now they gotta work for there keep.

My soil is a blood (small amount of bone) mix with peat moss and general potting soil.

Thanks man.

14. Well, I am having problems with Rebecca, she decided that she won't stand up by herself very well anymore, she also thinks that she can droop her leaves. Both things aren't good >:|.

[​IMG]

Here's a picture of her. I packed down the soil so she would stand by herself.

15. I have a fan blowing in there 24/7. I have a straw in there that she is tied to. She just sprouted at an angle (bad repotting) so it's hard to stay up at this age, my bad :(.

About the drooping though, you should of seen her this morning. Nothing like this now. Maybe I am just paranoid :). I just watered her too, I thought that was maybe causing the wilting (it was kinda dry). It didn't really seem to make a difference though.

If only she could be more like her big sister Mary-Jane. Fuck, why can't all my plants be more like Mary-Jane.

16. Well I was getting sketchy. The last time I watered was over a week ago, and the soil was still very slightly wet at the top. I am going to my friends for a few nights here, so I was like fuck it. I watered it, and hoped it was the right choice.

17. Well the status of Rebecca hasn't changed. I have come to the conclusion that it is the plant and not my fault.

On another note, on Mary-Janes one leaf it looks like it was eaten in half. I don't think it's bugs because there is no other damage to this plant and no other damage to any other plant. Any thoughts? I will take a picture when the lights are back on at the end of flowering.

18. I have noticed on occassion some leaves on my girl have sprouted oddly and the leaves looked irregular. Could it be that? They look like they are growing with a chunk taken out of them /shrug lol.

Gg

19. That's exactly what mine looks like, an end chunk has been taken out of it. Some irregular growth on Rebecca is crazy too, it looks as though two leaves were merged together on one of the lower branche (It's the same on the other side too). So fucking odd.

On another note: black flies seem to have been infesting my grow room. Just regular house flies, besides being annoying do they cause any harm to my plants? I don't think so, but you never know...

20. Rebecca isn't doing too well.

[​IMG]

As you can see from the picture (sorry for the quality once again I know it's hard to get) that my plants burned or something. The leaves are curling up and turning brown. Not yellow from over water/underwatering but a crisp brown. Any thoughts?

It might of been my fertilizing in my sprayer bottle, but I did the exact same thing to my larger plant Mary-Jane and she is very thriving.