swaenKs First Time Journal.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by paenk, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Give htem more light by moving the flo's to abou 2" away, they shouldnt be strteching like that. those soda cans are a bad idea, your much better off in 4-6" pots, or pint or quart square pots. In 4" pint pots i can start teh plants and leave them in those pots for the first 2 weeks then transplant into 1 gal pots then later the final flowering pot anwyhere from 3-5 gal.

2. yeah I am bit scared, they don't stand up really that good by themselves the bottom stem is so flimsy, and they are way fucking taller then the other sapplings I have seen pictures of. The tallest one could easily be 5 inches, and it's all stem. Maybe it's because it's sativa, I don't know. I want to replant them like tomorrow into my 5 gallon pots. They are already prepared, I just need information on possible fertilizer. I have blood meal, and bone meal, I don't know if I should mix it in though. I also have fish fertilizer (7-2-2). I don't know how to use it either, it didn't come with instructions. Help?!

3. Nope not sativa thats doing it. what kind of lights are you using? and how far away from the lights are the tops? I would reccoment starting a new batch, these plants will take a while to recover.

4. I can't though, I don't have the funds or the time. Here's the plant that is doing the best.
    [​IMG]

Another one... you can see how they are wierd shaped.
    [​IMG]

They are all like this... I have more, but hey. On another note, I think I know why they are like this, after they sprouted they were in the dark too long and stretched for light. Unfortunately I couldn't give it to them because I was out partying over the weekend. Stupid me :(

Here's my fertilizer, I was wrong it's levels are actualy 5-1-1. When and how can I use this? It doesn't give instructions on the bottle.
    [​IMG]

5. looking better, when you transplant bury the stem to about 1/4" below the first set of leaves.

Dont worry about the ferts for another 2-3 weeks. I woudl jut reccoemnd transplanting into your 1 gal pots (veg pots) and adding in some blood meal. A 1/2 cup per bag of soil would do it. Also some composted or regular aged manure would work too, add about 25% manure. From then on you just add water and whwn you transplant into your final 3-5 gal flowering pots put a mix of 25% manure and 2 cups bone meal.

So the shoping list is bone meal, blood meal, and manure. Total cost about $15-20 and you'll never need to flush out the soil, you never have to mix chem ferts and worry about getting chemical burns on you hands. I do this for my friends grow and dread uses it for his. We both swear by it. Allong with LST (search).

6. Well I have blood meal, and bone meal. I already mixed in the bone meal, two tea-spoons for every plant it sais. it was 2-14-0. But now you say blood meal! :S I am fuckin confused. Blood meal is 12-0-0. Did I fuck up on this? I already tried to transplant with one of my near dead seedlings, and well let's just say it's more dead. The soil just crumbled when I cut the can apart.

7. You dont use bone meal till flower. And please use pots.

8. yes, please use pots.... and get some bettrer light

9. he has good light "Fluro's to 400w Metal Halide to 400w High Pressure Sodium's."
    but its not close enough, and i bet he dosent have a fan bloing across the plants. Floros should be 1-3" from the tops and there should be a nice breeze.

10. before you get more confused. whatever you can salvage, replant very gently with most of the stem buried in the soil. the only thing that should be above soil are the embryo leaves and the first sets of leafs. your soil situation at this time sounds a mess. im thinking from reading that you have no idea what to do now. you can use everything you have for now. you can make your soil better by adding a couple extra ammendments, if you can find them and have the time. the blood meal is great for vegn. dont be alarmed by the npk ratio, 12 is good. making it better than you fish emulsions which are equal as good, jus in a different type of way. you may notice your fish isnt complete organic, if this is not what you want, then you would want to find an alternative nitrogen source. so your blood meal is fine. youll want the bone meal for flowering. your plant doesnt need as much bone during vegn, and if you add it to the soil, provided you are flowering in your 5 gallons, it should be available when flowering. takes a while to breakdown, but is an excellent P source for flowering.

So, what you should do, and maybe you will find a different variation. 3-4 cups bonemeal, 2 cups of blood meal, your soil. you can do better than though if you can find, kelp and even manure. dont forget your lime.... add 2 cups of those a piece and that will make you a nice super soil. keep in mind if you do make this mix, you have to allow it to settle for atleast 2 weeks before use. like grO said, basically all you have to do is water. check it out in my thread.

11. I wouldnt use that much bone meal for veg, unless you want males, in fact i wouldnt use any at all. Just use blood+manure for veg and bone + manure for flower.

12. Thank you! All this help is great. You have no idea how much I appreciate all this. I already have bone meal in the soil. I had some bad advice from a friend last night, is there any way I can fix this? It's only 2 teaspoons of bone meal for 3.5 gallon pots. I will transplant them into the soil tonight.

13. the bone wont hurt, in fact it will hardly be available.

14. 2tsp in 3.5g of soil? thats alright becus eits cuh a low concentration. Just add in 2 tbs of blood meal into that 3.5g of soil and your set.

15. done and done, could someone go through transplanting with me? I tried once and FAILED. I am kinda nautious now. Don't want to go through the same thing.

16. What do you mean, how to transplant? Or when and what size pot?

17. No offense but those look like shit

18. Well I transplanted. Here's a picture of all four of my 3.5 gallon pots.
    [​IMG]

Here's a picture of the cannabis up close.
    [​IMG]

And another...
    [​IMG]

There are two more, but they all look about the same. If you look at my other pictures and look at these, you can tell I did a lot. Hopefully for the better.

19. Now without all that stem they are lookin nice. Good job.

20. I quite agree, I was worried when they all looked odd and shapely, but now that they are covered they look normal. Hopefully I didn't shock them when I transplanted them. I am also using the cut-off method and placing the buckets on top of new soil when I go into flowering.