Survivelists basic guide

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Vee, Dec 1, 2008.

1. I'm against 'fixed' or built in grow rooms, that I thought I'd share this.

My cantoments are 4 regular plants growing continuesly in 3 gal(10L) buckets to a max height of 4 feet in a concealed grow cabinet approx 4 feet high, 2 feet wide and four feet long, so take a look at your place see what/how such a 'big' box would 'fit' into your life style with JUSTIFICATION, yeah, thats the word.

I once had a interest in early computers so when a friend had a chuck out, I picked them all up, I built the above cabinet(4'x4'x2) out of mdf and ply, and got to work on the old pc boxes and cut of the faces to a depth of 2-4 inches and mounted them on the door of the cabinet, even right close up it looks like a shelf unit with old pc's stored ON it, next the fun bit and thats cruising thru your CBD hunting the dumpsters for used discarded 4' floro, shop fittings, careful here as the laws changed with these in the last few years, some earlier ones emitted PCB's look for the black ballast heavy and covered maybe in tar paper, looking back I could have built the whole unit out of the dumpster tours, anyway I've cramed 3, 4' floros in the cabinet, painted the interior matt undercoat white,
    Lights are on 24/7 in veg, plants are watered 2x day ...whole unit has no ventilation
    as there is no heat, yes I here you guys freakin, no heat means no light leak.
    After months of fun, I've moved it to a corner of the garage, piled up 'old' computer gear on top and around, and I'm convinced the plants just love that blast of C02?
    when I start the car in the morning...lol.
    Not much light thou....dude, yeah you are right, my SLR light meter says that the interior of the cabinet light levels are equal to that of a cloudy or rainy day, hence the 24/7, note the entire unit can be broken down and be in the boot of my car in about 5-10 minutes, including the plants. (I connected it together with 'quick fix' kitchen type hinges and connectors).
    The plants are let out on fine days, and just blast out in the sun, again I've had a hell of a lot of fun with this setup. I'm in transistion at the moment santa sent me a 600wHPS and that means a whole new setup and the problems that go with it,
    but will be using the SURVIVELISTS CABINET as a starter box or until I've got the 600w HPS grow room under way.

is that a keybord in front of you????

2. Mine's in my crawl space which is locked. So, I don't have to justify anything..just kick anyone's ass I find trying to open the lock..which i have yet to do.

3. I was gonna wait til you were gone for the 2weeks......jokin..

4. 4' with buckets and no lamp? You might want to grow them a bit under your bulb to keep it from browning the leaves.

They will do better with a supply of fresh air (or so I am told).

I like the camo idea using old PCs.

5. I knew it..you're my neighbor across the street with her blinds open all the time aren't you!??!

6. yup, i just put i wig on.....