Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Surgery

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tman55, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Having shoulder surgery next week to fix my messed up shoulder.

Monday i go for the preop blood work, chest xray etc.

Question is- Will the weed do anything to mess with the test results? Will it mess will Blood count etc?

I haven't smoked in a couple days. Do i need to stop until the surgery?

2. call them and ask

3. do this

I know you can't take blood thinners
    idk bout weed though

4. i would rather ask someone here who may have experience with this.

5. Call them as said. But it really shouldn't matter. And it's not like they can call the cops on you because you have weed in your system lol. I just started a month or so ago and about two weeks ago i had surgery on my hand(boxers fracture) they did blood work when i went in for same day surgery and everything and didn't say one word to me....it was possibly because my mom had taken me up there and she was in the room(I'm 18 so Doctor patient confidentiality) I dunno though...If you're that worried about it i would just call. Or better yet if you're more comfortable with your doctor give him/her a call.

6. Dude I recommend you stop smoking as soon as possibleto make your surgery go smoothly. I just had ACL knee surgery exactly a week ago and it was kind of a bad experience. I got baked 3 days before surgery and smoked a small joint on surgery day. I don't know what it'll do to blood test or stuff like that but it fucked with my anesthesia. I don't know if it happens with everyone but this is what happened to me. I was under anesthesia for about 3 1/2 hours and when I woke up in the recovery room, the nurses started taking vitals and noticed that my blood pressure was awkwardly high. So they take me to a different room and hook me up to oxygen and stick a lot of tubes in me and shit. I was chill in there for about an hour then I had an anxiety attack. It was supposes to be an outpatient surgery but I ended up lasting 2 days in the hospital. So just don't do it man.

peace

7. yeah i also forgot to mention that i stopped smoking for like 5 days too. Two days before, on surgery day, and then 2 days after.

8. thanks. i am 39. not worried about weed in my system at all. i was just curious if it messes with total blood count or anything they test for before surgery.

9. sorry about your experience bro. Good that you came out ok.

i did stop two days ago. it will be 7 days without smoking for surgery and 6 days not smoking for blood work i do monday. i have actually had surgery and i smoked the day before and i was fine.

just curious about the blood work.

thanks again for your response.

10. I think that it might make your blood thinner making it harder to run tests. Just play it safe and don't smoke for a while. It's been a week after surgery and I still haven't smoked, but then again I'm on vicodin.

11. thx bro.