Surfing Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by lostsurfer, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Just lookin for some fellow surfers out there (not web surfing, lol). What board do u ride, home break? crazy ass wipeout stories, tales of epic barrels, trips to pipeline, favorite wax, i dont care. If it relates to surfing, i wanna hear it.

2. Well....it was like 2-3 years ago...we had just moved to south Florida from Mass. so it was a huge change from snowboarding. Now I went to the beach one day..and I had just got a surfboard that I ordered since I was gunna be down here. SO I went out and met up with these chill guys that taught me a little...so I was up on my first wave...and I felt like a god rofl..and out of nowhere I slam into this huge ass wooden pole. Well low and behold after I gained my sence of what the hell just happened I forgot that I was surfing near a big fishing peir...now that hurt haha..I then learned to pay attention to footing and all AND watch out where I'm going hahah that's it for me!

3. I thought at first this was about web surfing LOL, my bad. No surfing here in CT for me :( It looks like a lot of fun though maybe I'll try it if I can find a place near here you can go surfing, is it hard to learn?

4. no, if you approach it in the right way. headin out on an epic day with a tiny board wouldnt be easy, but on a nice mellow day (not hard on the east coast) with a longboard, you'll have a blast. As for a story for me, i was just in washington state and got to do a little cold water surfing. Out in the lineup this clean up set beat the crap out of me,, broke my leash 100 yards out, i get the biggest hold down of my life, breathing in all this freezing water. never came so close to dying, but it was worth it, after that i got back to shore and threw my board down and yelled cuzz i felt so invincible.

5. i go to school in san francisco and regularly surf ocean beach (sloat blvd) but im currently home in south carolina for break:(:( umm i could tell a shitload of stories from ocean beach, that place is gnarly, but gets sooo perfect.

6. That's my board and bong :) I had that board since college. I used to surf a lot back then but now I only have time to go a handful of times a year... I love surfing and toking at the beach.

[​IMG]

7. Hey guys, as some of you know, I live in aus, and I live real close to the beach and am thinking of getting into surfing, but I was wondering what shit I should get, do I NEED a wetsuit? Would I be best starting on a shortboard or longboard? Are the cheAper foam borers any good for learning? How much should I expect to pay for a decen t board? Is it safe to buy a second hand bored? Thanks isiwjakakd

8. i dont think you need a wet suit. but when i was using these softer boards to learn they fuckin rubbed my nipples raw. shit burned and the water made it worse. but ive only gone surfing about 3 times. if i ever move to the coast im gonna pick up surfing.

9. /\
    ahk thanks, yh I havnt heard much good about these boards but was just wondering of there anygoodfor begineers, guess I'll just buy what mostp people have wcommended me, an epoxy resin mini mal.