Supreme Court Considers Legality Of Abortion Clinic Buffer Zones -____-

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by ItsReneeYo_, Jan 15, 2014.

You have totally missed the point. You need to listen to some women talk about their experiences instead of just taking your own ill-informed viewpoint and imposing it bluntly without any regard for the feelings of the people this issue is actually about.

Having an abortion is not something anyone takes lightly. It is traumatic. One person berating another for undergoing a medical procedure just because they disagree with it is harassment. That harassment, like many other examples of institutionalized misogyny the world over, is kept alive by people continuing to accept the absurd claim that the people harassing other people for their personal choices have some kind of reasonable ground to stand on. If a group started yelling slurs at the people entering and leaving a Baptist Church, those people would be thrown in jail.

Furthermore, as the article I just posted proves, the protesters frequently do quite a bit more than "[yell] snide remarks outside [their] favorite abortion clinic"

You show very little actual regard for women in your statements despite your "for the record" one-liner earlier. Their "favorite abortion clinic"? That's a really horrible thing to say, and if this forum weren't so tightly moderated I would have a few more choice words to share with you.

2. One person voicing their opinions on the matter of abortion being wrong is not harassment. If they use it as a personal attack it is. 
    A person harassing someone just because they want to and for no other reason is reasonable ground enough for them, or they would not do it. 

"Reasonable ground" a highly subjective status. 

Great response. I like how you totally ignored the part where I said "You need to listen to some women talk about their experiences instead of just taking your own ill-informed viewpoint and imposing it bluntly without any regard for the feelings of the people this issue is actually about."

When are you going to start listening?

4. #44 Cawdswallup, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
    I didn't acknowledge that part of your reply because it didn't apply. I have spoken with more then a few women who have undergone abortion or who are considering it at this very moment. 

My 'viewpoint' is only 'ill-informed' under your knowledge. 

If people always have to speak with regard to feelings, nothing will ever move forward. 
    If I hurt your feelings with what I said, you have taken it much to personally. 

5. You're still not fucking getting it.

YOUR OPINION ABOUT THIS REALLY DOES NOT MATTER BECAUSE YOU HAVE A PENIS, DUDE.

6. I'm really not too worried about it.

7. hahahaha. Third world children are being murdered by militia groups on a daily basis but any opinion I have on it doesn't matter because I'm not a third world child nor am a member of an armed militia. 

You're hilarious. 

8. Abortion shouldn't be legal if you ask me. Under certain circumstances like rape or you'll die from it is one thing. But there are girls that have like 5 abortions before there 20. But hey that's my .02. In the end it's there choice so its on them. People definantly shouldn't be able to harass girls who choose to tho that should be illegal.Sent from my XT1030 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Youre okay with peaceful protest though yes? If they are outside protesting but not personally harassing a woman going in would you be okay with it?

10. #50 wolftigerosebud, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
    @[member="codswallop"]

Your ill-deduced reasoning never fails to shine through. This is like the thread from this morning where you were insisting that because science hasn't actively disproved that thoughts exist in some magical conduit outside the brain, that we should consider that as a serious possibility. :p

Are you an expert on conflicts in the third-world? Have you spent many years living through those experiences? If the answer to both those questions are "no", then indeed -- your opinion means nothing.

11. I can just as well claim your opinion on virtually anything means 'jack shit' but that doesn't make it true. Everyone's opinion is a valid opinion.
    You are slowly losing credibility and not even realizing it. 

Frankly, I don't think it's any of my fucking business to decide that. I think that women should decide it -- and only women. Men have no need to have a say on how women are treated when going through abortions.

If that was the case and women actually were making the decisions about their own bodies, then I might feel differently about speaking on it. There are entirely too many white dudes sitting around talking about what should and shouldn't be allowed with women's bodies. It's misogynistic, illogical, and total bullshit.

Lol as if human biology and reproduction care about marriage. The point is once you hit puberty sperm cells are just as much of 'babies' as fetus' are. They both have the potential to turn into a baby given the proper conditions, this doesn't mean they are babies though. The reason we have so much sperm is so that we can increase the chances of conception so a higher chance of having one or more offspring and passing on your genetic lineage. Not every egg in the ovaries of a woman is going to be a baby. Some might, but that doesn't mean that those eggs were babies.

I personally don't know exactly how I feel on this issue, and I probably won't unless I ever am ever in a situation where it is an option. However I do believe that since it is something that lives inside of a woman and is essentially a parasite, it should be their decision on whether or not it grows into a child. I don't believe that people who take that option are happy about it either, but considering the alternatives it's what they had to do in the best interest in the lives of themselves and the potential life of the fetus.

I cannot believe

Can

Not

Believe

That you are still misunderstanding that whether an opinion is valid has no bearing on whether or not it is useful.

15. That's really irrelevant to my question though, i was just asking your opinion on somebodys right to peacefully assemble and protest.

16. You have to be trollin.

17. I never claimed my opinion to be useful and you never set that as the basis for your argument. You simply jumped right out of gate and started throwing around attacks. 

Personally, I don't see how anything you've said in this thread is useful either. Actually, for that matter nothing said by anyone in this thread is particularly useful. But that does not make anyone wrong or right. 

That is such crap dude, you think guys aren't relevant to this issue at all? You know it takes two people to make a baby right?

19. @[member="Snoop Toad"]: The meaning of my previous post, paraphrased: "I feel that my opinion is irrelevant to the issues of this thread -- my opinion is only relevant to the men who are unwittingly participating in misogyny and who don't understand their status. As such I feel your questioning my opinion is similarly irrelevant."

If you are curious about me, personally, please feel free to PM me.

You know a man's never had an abortion, right?