Supplies

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by muchosmoko, Aug 6, 2005.

1. I'm an absolute noob when it comes to growing plants. I'm just getting into the whole idea of growing my own grass since I'm tired of buying it at high prices and then my supply is all gone before I know it. :mad: I'm thinking about getting a good sized white box shaped cabinet as my growspace, since I can't use an entire room because I live with my parents. (I'm a young buck) I'm just about to order my seeds, I'm thinking about Shiva, Misty, or Northern Lights. I'm looking for the easiest type to grow indoors basically, that is still very good quality. (Opinions?) I want my first attempt to be a successful one, but I don't know exactly all the necessary supplies that I'm gonna need for a successful grow. Hopefully someone on these boards can help me out.

2. there are a lot of supplies:
    you need lights, i suggest MH for veg and HPS for flowering.
    you would need soil, nutes, at least a gallon pot, and a very good drainage system.
    you need some type of air purifying device because shiva and misty will smell. That is why i would suggest a more sativa strain, a nice c99 (ill pm you the site) because there is very little odor and its more sweet/fruity than skunky or musty. They also grow well in smaller spaces as opposed to most sativas and are quicker than the other strains you listed, plus c99 is a top10 smoke.
    But if you are still living with your parents its going to be really hard for them to now wonder what is in this new cabinet you have sitting in your room, espcially when the energy bill goes up

3. No worries about my parents though, they sleep downstairs, I sleep upstairs. They don't pay mind to the electric bill since it's always going up/down. I don't remember the last time they came in my room. Even if they did, they wouldn't know that the cabinet was never there anyway. :D
    Say I grow about 5 of those c99 plants at a time in that cabinet. How many of those lights do you think I would need?

4. well c99 love to use up the space you give them, i always have to cut mine back for walking room. for veg if you only have 3-5 plants going id say a 450w MH and then a 450w HPS for half of flowering and finished them out under a 1000w. Im used to growing 6 or 7 plants at once but that would probably work.

for nutes ive been using the lifecircle complete line for veg and bloom, always seems to work very well, you can also you Pureblend Pro and liquid karma nutes as the full dose, but after switching to lifecircle it seems to be the favorite.

for a bigger yield its always better to have a larger pot, i use 2.5 gallon pots for all my plants and i get anywhere from 4-6oz with the c99

5. How many plants does it take to yeild that?