Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Supplements for the daily toker

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Twisted079, May 22, 2011.

1. We all know weed, smoked daily, can make us feel a little sluggish and groggy; sort of like your heads in a cloud. There are some supplements out there that help cognitive function, and when taken, I feel as though I never really smoked in the first place; always feeling fresh, full of energy, and keeps a clear head (except, obviously, when I smoke)

Please add to the list if you know of any other helpful supplements.

I take:

5-HTP: It helps rebuild the serotonin lost during smoking
    L-tyrosine: Helps maintain healthy nerves so you dont tweak out
    acetyl L-carnitine: Good for overall cognitive function and MEMORY
    Fish oil: Omega-3's are helpful both to the brain and the heart
    Vitamin-B complex: Very good for energy and nerves, I prefer taking these over coffee

2. You take these everyday?

3. I might look into some of that, I hate having that sluggish feeling all day, but love wake 'n' baking too much :p Thanks for the post

4. i supplement my pot smoking with cigarette smoking, ive never been one for herbal supplements. although i religiously take 5-htp the day after i "get with molly"

5. I take a whole series of vitamins daily. Have for years. Comes as capsules, 6 to a bag. Supposed to take it twice a day, sometimes I forget the second packet. Supposed to keep me alive to 100 years old. I also take my omega3 fish oil daily for the old ticker. Seems prudent. Who knows. Time will tell.

6. the only "supplement" i take is a fat blunt.

7. I just smoke more weed....

8. I was taking 5 htp but stopped after so many weeks, I didnt see any results but that could be that im on a ssri (ex:paxil, lexapro..anxiety/depression meds) so maybe the ssri has a effect on the 5htp.. The fishoil is ur bestfriend, everyone should take it also 5 htp is fucking expensive

9. what? lol i smoke weeed and just live my life. I'VE BEEN SMOKIing everyday for a while so its not like im new to the game and need to take supplements?

10. yeahh i'd suggest not taking the 5-htp if you're on an ssri. if you take too much of each at the same time you're running the risk of experiencing serotonin syndrome (seriously)

just fyi :wave:

11. I generally take a b complex in the morning or have a 5-hour, then a few hours before i get high at night i take a multivitamin. Generally offsets that effect good.

12. [quote name='Rush']I generally take a b complex in the morning or have a 5-hour, then a few hours before i get high at night i take a multivitamin. Generally offsets that effect good.[/qu

haha nice noob

13. Theres people who actually need to use there brain for things, and these help maintain healthy cognitive function... then theres you.

14. If you really need to maintain some healthy cognitive function, and smoke constantly and can't contain this cognitive function while you're high, and have to take a bunch of supplements in order to complete your regular activities, then you shouldn't smoke in general.

Or at least get a little more self control, jesus. I know that I can't do everything while I'm high as well as I can when I'm not. Some things I can, not everything. Learn to accept your limits.

15. Some nootropics like Piracetam.

16. That's cool. I prefer to treat my health like my education and ignore it while doing the bare minimum to keep it from failing.