Supercropping?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cobrakhan5, May 22, 2012.

1. Here is a youtube link of a video of a guy doing supercropping...... has anyone ever done this..... the guy in the video stated that it helps get more nutrients to the bud sites. Anyone use this method and find that it is helpful? I saw the guys end results he had some pretty massive plants.... Just curious on peoples thoughts =) Thanks

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAE1e2whCHA&feature=autoplay&list=UUX6pTJo-FxJWAP-0L_nXUlA&playnext=1]How to: Super Crop your Cannabis plant - YouTube[/ame]

2. It not really getting more nuits to the plant. It is like topping with out cutting it of. It will focus on growing out instead of up. So instead of one main cola u will get multiple top colas. It is a must for outdoor growing. I do it strain dependent on indoor. Works really well u should do it if u are thinking about ir

3. The hormones that concentrate in the main cola are what gives it its' dominance over the rest of the plant. By chopping it off or just generally abusing the growing tip, the hormones, specifically auxins IIRC, redistribute through the plant, making all of the side branches grow stronger.

I've tinkered with lst, supercropping, topping, fimming and scrogging for a while now. For a plant I've never grown out before, I prefer no training what-so-ever and use a higher plant count. For my regular plants though I top them early and LST out four branches. I know someone else that does the same thing and made a nice little write up if you give me a second...