Supercropping, a Guide

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by CL4P-TP, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Smashed my NYCD down last saturday, the branches were really crushed and hanging but the end leaves still turned up in a day so I knew there was still circulation.

Stayed hanging until last night, so after 4 days they finally got strong enough to stand back up a bit. Should be back to normal by tonight, but I saw a TON of undergrowth in those 4 days, really showed me what supercropping accomplishes

2. got one about 3 weeks old... she is gonna be a mother :)

3. ill update with some pics.. i been doing this for about a month or so.. i had no idea what it was when i was doing it, it just kinda made sense in my head... im a first time grower.. Let me ask you this... which method is better.. the tie down or the break and bend method.. ??

4. supercropping (crushing) is best on sativas because it slows their normal crazy upward growth, LST is best for indicas

general rule of thumb anyways, with all the crosses out there you have to really just get a feel for the plant

5. Amazing thread. Just woke up and gave the girls their first round of supercropping. I started between the 3rd and fourth nodules, however didnt get a distinctive pop in many of them. Either way, tops folded and stems are pinched. Party hard mode, ACTIVATE

6. I think I'm going to try out some crazy shit with this critical jack i've got.

7. Can any of these techniques be done in early flowering?
    or should it only be done in only in vegi?

8. I wouldn't train after the stretch is thru.

9. I have had good luck in Supercropping plants during the first week of the pistils showing. Never tried it past that time. I really like this method. When my plants are just past the seedling stage I do the Uncle Ben's topping method getting 4 main branches. Give it another 3-4 weeks of vegging and super crop still under 18/6, then to the flower room where I continue to super crop the main branches and all the other side branches that show up. Right now I have a GHS WW that has 10 colas with at least 7 of them 10" long and nice and fat.

Good luck

10. Glad I checked in.....GREAT THREAD !!!!.....Been searching for info on super cropping & this thread helped big time...have been scrooging for a while now with good success & yields but had been looking to try SCing & was looking for confirmation on the increase in yield aspect of it & got that here. Thanx again for this thread guys !

11. bumping this for people searching like me....since its about that time 

12. OK...so technique question here.

Cliffs cuz im long winded:
    Pinch and rolled two plants, went too hard on one and it looked like it was possible it would tear off with enough movement. BUT on both pinch and rolls, the outter layer of the stem did not tear or break. (both actually looking good today tho). Just noticed my 3rd plant, where i learned my lesson about pinch and roll and decided to pinch/crimp and bend, has a small tear on the outer layer of the stem (not sweating it tho). SO....whats your super cropping technique and why? any horror or unique success stories from each method?

I just supercropped ALL 3 of my plants (outdoor in airpots)! Plant 1....which was fortunately a vigourous beast...I went H.A.M. on! I wasnt able to get too much "squish" when I tried just pinching it, so I decided to PINCH and ROLL (think i see george cervantes do this in a clip)....well this is my first time super cropping and i was amazed how much i was rolling, beating it up and smashing up the insides without cracking the outer layer. It looked awesome and just like photos...well a few hours passed and yea...i went to HAM on it and one of the tops looked real skinny at the main/center point where i did the supercropping (i mean that it looked like if you kept messing with it enough it could easily tear and rip off). I was kinda bummed and sweating it the rest of the day. Well it actually rebounded pretty good and the tops already started facing up, so pretty pretty pretty good. I did tape 2 of the weaker spots on each of the two PnR'd plants to be safe but dont think it needs it really. I was pretty amazed that there are still no tears 2 days after...but still taped to be safe!lol

Well, my 3rd plant i really learned my lesson and decided to go with the pinch/crimp and bend approach and just be overall more gentle with it. It does look really good and happy i decided to go a little softer....but today I noticed i did tear one of the tops i went more "gentle" on! Its healing up and im seeing some of the brown spots now against the green background of the stem and yea...it tore! Not sweating it tho cuz it still looks healthy and just perked up a bit after i just got done watering it a few mins ago.

So what technique do you use and why?