Supercropping, a Guide

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by CL4P-TP, Jun 27, 2011.

1. really.. idk.. . ha. I think you can keep them on. but i take mine off. just so the plant doesn't stress. But really, idk. ha. sorry yo

2. np
    just wondering if people take their ties off before flowering or if they leave them on.
    i guess i will just wait til the supercropping has healed and maybe pull 'em off unless anyone else has other suggestions.

3. if you have a combo LST/supercrop (tied to something other then plant) leave it.

outdoors?

4. ok, thanks!
    yes it is outdoor

5. I've found that indoors, supercropping works well if you just do it once, on the main stalk, .instead of topping. and when combined with a little LST the results tend to be pretty damn good .

6. I'd take the ties off, I've noticed minor growth stunt when the ties are left on too long. I believe this is due to the fact that even though when you tie it down initially it is loose, the thicker the stem grows the tighter it becomes, and can sooner or later cut off circulation. I took my ties off originally and then retied in other spots a week or so later. They will generally keep the same form once you leave them tied down for a week or so.

7. I tied them down because i don't want the plant growing taller than my fence line.
    I'm not worried about cutting the circulation off because i don't cinch the knot down on the stem, i tie loops knots so they won't ever choke. The stems have room to thicken.

8. ill post pic's, once i figure out how, i believe mine are turning out really well.
    also i strength trained the lims by fishing string and fish weight, im going to cut them off when i get home today.

9. Thanks^

i quote myself.

10. check out my grow journals. there couple weeks behind, but i left my camera at my grandmothers house lols :)))

LST'd ;)

11. bump back to top

lots of SC questions right now.

12. i supercrped my plant 1 week into flowering 5 days ago 1 out of 10 supercrops has knuckled over but the other ones have not

how long until they heal

im going to make a splint for each one with a tooth pic and rapsome string around them will this speed up the process?

13. It should take up to a week.
    Id lik to c pics

14. #34 msad420, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2011
    well i tied rope around the worst ones and saran wrap with some rope on the very worst

they have all positioned them selves up pointing towards the sun including all the small budsites all the way down ,,,, this is good

since they were disturbed by the storm 2 days ago i think they will be healed in about 5 days or so...

my freind said bud candy healed his up really fast and i just used it when i fed

i dont have any pics but ill update in a few days to see how its going

its suppost to be sunny for the next 6 days than 1day of rain than another 7 days of sun.. btw

im also going to be moving my plant around so it gets full day sun will this help speed things up? or should i leave it in an area wich gets less sun ???!?1?

should i leave all the rope and saran wrap on for a few days or take it off.. they all seem to be supporting them selves except for a few cuz when i take them of the rop thats supporting them they bend past a 90 degree angle...

all of the supercrops can support them selves and are showing browning wich i know is a good sign but i just need to know if i have to keep them elevated above a 90 degree angle

would it help if i foiler feed ?

please reply asap lol

15. Yeh taping it will help it but try to jus leave it alone, jus look at the supercrops colaz, if its leaves r droopin, thy r is stress
    If ther perkd up towards the light thyr healin
    Jus hav patience,
    Moving around for more light is always good but ur its cause the pieces to fall apart its jus tearin the healin tissue
    Which cud lead to a fail in supercropin

16. Oh I have a good question!
    So im already lst'ing so I dont have much use of getting light down to lower nodes, but i would like the benefit of supercropping some of my tops to get thicker stems and better quality bud.
    My question is: Is it necessary to bend the stem down? I have a crimping tool I have used to squeeze the crap outta of my stem till its basically oozing and flat, I want to know is this enough to get the benefits of supercropping for the thicker stems, or knuckle? I have no real use in bending the stem because im already lst'ing and that should suffice in re-directing the auxins. Just want to know if im "crimping" my stems for no reason.
    Thanks in adance

17. no need to bend the stem down, it will bend some if done correctly. But without tying down, the SC'd area/stem should straighten up. The more agro you go, the longer it will take to straighten up IME.

hope that helps.

18. So if the stem doesnt bend it isnt done correctly? I ask because like i said im using a crimping tool to pretty much crush the stem; its pretty flat and when i squeeze i get some "juice" from the stem, however it has not bent. But the stem is noticeably flat.

19. hmm, not knowing what crimping tool ( electronics ? ) you're using I cant really tell..
    almost all of my supercrop "hurdings", bend over on their own. The hurd is what you want to break inside the stem , You will feel a pop or slight snap inside the stem when you do it.

sorry , I know this sounds redundant.

Look, do you have more then one plant, or maybe a willingness to try one half of your plant ?

still finding your personal training regiment? cause if so, experimentation will become a good friend IMHO.

20. This is a crimping tool. I only use the tip to "supercrop" with so I dont actually cut into the stem.
    Lol Well actually immediately after I read this thread I supercropped a few branches on both my ladies, so i guess i will find out soon enough what happens :p
    I mean, if a stem is as flat as a pancake, that should do the trick, right? I mean the tool touches on both sides when i press it shut, but the stem does not break. I guess Ill check it when the lights come on to see if there is any improvements; i just wanted to know if im wasting my time by not bending or completely snapping the stem