SuperCloset SuperStar 3.0 LED DJ Short Blueberry

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by DankDynasty707, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Hi Everybody,
    I wanted to create a journal to spotlight my new grow set up and follow along with my first grow. I was very excited to get started. I purchased this from the guys at SuperCloset. They were extremely patient with me and found the perfect unit for me and my space. This journal will follow a long my grow and hopefully be very informative and I would appreciate any advice along the way. I will be growing an awesome strain thanks to my buddy @kindestclosetyields707. The strain is DJ Short's Blueberry. Hope you enjoy growing with me.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Im going to be using Lotus Nutrients. Went to a show over the weekend and was lucky enough to scoop up there line of nutrients! I'll go into detail with each feeding so you can follow along with the feeding schedule. I will be growing in soil for this grow. The brand I'm growing with is Mary Jane's Blend from Point Reyes Compost Co.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Week One: Transplanting the clones into there final home. They were started in solo cups and I'm putting them into 3 gallon soil pots. This soil is quite hot meaning it has nutrients built into it so I will not be adding additional nutes. Watering with PHed water at 6.0ph.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  4. Overpriced For what it is. I was given 1 of the superponics buckets and to be honest it's a joke. Glad it was free.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Interesting... Too bad you had that experience. I've grown using one of there superrooms before which had the bubbleflow bucket system which I believe your referring to. It worked amazing. Had really fast growth which caught me off guard. Had to really lean on my trellising. What was your experience?

• Like Like x 1
  6. I was given the supersonic 8. The baskets are so close together all you can grow is 8 tiny plants if you use them all. Which I guess would be fine since the cabinet that would of came with it is super small and wouldn't be able to hold much yeild anyways. What I ended up doing was growing 1 plant at each end and put it in a larger tent. However a couple cheap bubble buckets would of done just as well if not better. Had to drill holes in it and use a pump to change and fill it because it's a pain taking the top off. The price on them is ridiculous. Massive rip off.

7. Hmmmm. Well I own two SuperPonic 8's. While I agree that putting a full 8 plants is not feasible I do think they are solid. Not sure what your comparing them too but I believe I have some pics of grows with it that I could share with you. Had some great success. They are DEFINITELY meant for smaller grows. Even on SuperClosets website they have a larger hydro system even in their smallest tent room. Btw, just wanting to dialogue with you.... not trying to attack your results. Be cool to compare our results and see if I can help you have success with your superponic 8.

8. #8 killset, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    I'm not saying they don't work. They're just way overpriced for what they are. My results were fine for what the thing is, I just don't waste my time on small plants. I have no plans on using it again. The guy I got it from didn't like it either so I gave it a shot. Couple cheap buckets would be a much better option. I was just playing around with it for fun. I've been growing in soil for almost 30 years so every so often I have to do something to entertain myself. It was entertaining for sure but that's about it. I actually converted it to a cloner but I haven't even used it for that in years.

9. I'll pull up a chair here!

I have a supercloset myself that I bought to start growing with - got the supernova. I had to modify the hell out of it to make it work the way I wanted it to, but at this point it is a pretty good grow box.

I would agree they're expensive, but as a turnkey way of getting into the hobby I'd say it was worth it for me. I was able to get through my first crop with almost all stock equipment.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks for checking out my journal! I will make sure I post regularly.

• Like Like x 1
  11. HI Everyone,
    Here's my first update. Its been a week since transplant. The plants are looking great and have acclimated really nicely. I fed them each 32 fl oz of PHed water as well as a small amount of the cal mag. MY light cycle is 18 hours on and 6 hours off.

Temp:78 degrees
    Humidity: 40%
    PH: 5.8
    PPM: 125
    Feeding: 1/8 Tsp of CalMag per 64floz of water

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Did u get the basic three nutrients from lotus and how much were the nutrients are they better than fox farms

13. Hey Buddy,
    I received the Nutes as a gift from a hydro shop. I have their full line including Carbo Flush and Cal/Mag. They are one of the easiest and best nutrients I have used. They are powder based and extremely clean and simple. What I liked most was how easy they are to mix. Most powder nutes leave a bunch of crap at the bottom but Lotus is great. If your making your decision I highly suggest you try them out.

14. UPDATE #2
    sorry for the really late update. Im going to go in order instead of skipping to the current week so you can follow along.

Week 2
    Temp 76 degrees
    Humidity: 37% humidity is a bit low
    PH: 5.9
    PPM: 178
    Feeding: 1/8 Tsp of CalMag per 64floz of water

I forgot to mention in my last update that I had topped the plant. In a grow unit like this I am going to be utilizing a SCROG or Screen of Green. You can see the plant is responding nicely and bushing out. I will be topping a bit more to insure I have nice branching and cola production and so I can create a proper canopy. I recommend waiting to top until you have 3 nodes. I also suspect that the soil is not as nutrient rich as it was made to seem, more on that in the next update.

"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is"- Ed Rosenthal

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. How's it going in your cab, DD?