Supercloset SuperBox

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Bearsfan2137, Oct 1, 2012.

1. I know you guys have an entire thread based on super closet grow rooms but I had a couple of questions hopefully you guys can address them.

1. How much can you yield in the Super Closet Superbox or Supercube
    2. I'm new to growing and know exactly how to change the water and add nutrients. but how much work besides that is involved during the growing process.
    3. They say that the boxes will have perfect condition so is my only concern changing the nutrients and deciding when the best time to start flowering?
    4. Will there be light or nose coming out of the box.
    5. Would you recommend the box to a newb?

BTW I know I can build one myself for a fraction of the price but I'm not a crafty man and I live with other people that I don't want out finding out.

2. 1. Depends on the strain and nutrients. Keep in mind you're limited by that 200w CFL bulb.
    2. Obviously in the grow that small, the amount of work is nothing compared to having a grow tent full of plants rocking a 600w+ lighting system and inline fans. A superbox shouldnt be too much of a hassle as long as you can control your Temp and RH.
    3. Not totally. You can still get really high/low temps and/or really high/low RH. Keep the box in a room with perfect conditions and it should stay in perfect conditions. (+- some degrees/% RH) Flowering will be VERY soon. I say start seedlings off and flip to flower after a week, MAYBE a week and a half. This depends largely on strain as well.
    4. The boxes should be 99-100% light proof, although you may be able to hear a slight fan noise or hydro system humming.
    5. If you have the money to spend, go right ahead. I have done a fair amount of large grows and starting small WILL help if you ever wish to go large scale.

And yes, the whole point of prebuilt grow boxes is stealth and convenience.

3. ^ This would cause for more trial & error to offset the difference in just have something that just plain already works. If you can afford it, it'll be worth it, as you have the security in knowing that it's working for tons of others and you can learn from the people here by asking questions, etc. If you build something yourself... you're pretty much on your own.