Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. #12441 Or_Gro, Sep 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    Basic story: major light intensity with great spectrum for reasonable price, if you diy (supposedly easy and lots of people here who can walk you through it). Also, very low heat output, less electricity, dimmable.

Lots of people have sets of these:QB120 Quantum Board
    And have great grows.

Lemme turn you on to soil2coco’s grow, he just put together 12 of those for a 4x4 space where he's currently growing a single plant scrog, among other things Soil2Coco’s Indoor Multi Strain Journal

Also, stickybudhound’s grow, he just built his qbs, four single-plant fixtures:
    3rd Indoor Grow - 3 Strains

If you get serious about qbs, contact tbone shuffle, tell him i sent you. He’ll get a lol

2. Beautiful plants, purple can be best appreciated in person.

3. im strtng to price stuff i'm upgrading..circular screens for jugs 16'' diameter 24'' legs..$35 for 5pk..pricy on budget..think i'll replace whls on the carts that melted wit ones that didn't..i wish i could afford the carts you guys use wit the recessed ctr but at $30 ea and i nd 5..thass not happening! gotta fix what i got..i'm interested in the magnetic hooks you use for your screens..the really strong ones where did you get them..gonna use them for corner sail shade using metal cap on balastraude is the plan

• Like Like x 1
  4. 90lb round chrome magnets - harbor freight or amazon

5. thnx i'll chk my local HF for it

• Like Like x 1
  6. Some of mine are the 20lb magnet hooks you can get at home depot - that's what I'm using to manage cables and hold up the ventillation in the cab.

7. i nd them strong as possible to hold the sail against the wind..a tall order

8. Went to timber website, all the qb gear is gone! Wtf?

9. hah! sold out i bet...thass the thing when people tlk about produucts that wrk on the internet theres a run on them and they sell out..not surprised..

10. Yeah... --Someone-- has been talking up timber all over the city and even on other forums! Hahaha

On the plus side - if they did stop selling them altogether its not as though your light isn't easily serviceable should something go wrong...

11. No, they removed any trace of qbs...it’s not an out-of-stock situation, more like out-of-qb-business!

12. Not worried about myself, worried about competition! Timber has some great ideas that hlg can’t or won’t offer to people who don’t want to diy. A profitable market segment, that will only grow as legalization widens.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Just use a baseball bat, just use a baseball bat. Do it for me, bro!

14. He’s saving the bat for his upcoming tent grow.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Precisely. If I can grow colas this big outdoors in 60 degree weather, imagine what I can produce in a totally controlled tent. My Louisville Slugger is sitting in the hall closet ready to go.............

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Just picked up the potentiometers for dimming my QB's, I will be buying the rest of the parts by the end of this month and then I begin building them. Will hold off purchasing the aluminum framing until I can assemble the boards and driver & dimmer and lay it all out for very precise measurements. There will be four separate power cords since I will have four separate light fixtures, but I plan to plug them into a 4-outlet heavy duty extension cord which will run to my Hades 2 controller. The Far Red & UV & Red Supplemental light will be controlled by a separate digital timer.

6x 100K OHM Linear Taper Rotary Potentiometers B100K POT w/ Black Knobs 6pcs U28 | eBay

• Like Like x 3
  17. #12458 Or_Gro, Sep 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    Please consider starting a build thread: with bill of materials, pics, and build narrative.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I second this

• Like Like x 1
  19. #12460 CFTheNatural, Sep 16, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    I can do that, honestly I did not think people would find it that interesting or informational. Tbone has forgotten more about this than I know and Steakbomb is a half step below that at most, not sure growers want to "learn" about this from someone like me?? I've researched heavily online (as I am famous for) and picked the brains of Tbone & Steak (thanks so much guys, literally could not do this without your input) and basically copied the frame set-up from the Timber lights. Now I'm just the bench monkey that will put it all together, plug it in and pray that it works---do members here really want to hear and see that entire process?

• Like Like x 1