superbloom 12-55-6 while flowering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by budensity, May 12, 2012.

1. hmm i just bought some super bloom 12-55-6 and a few of my plants are a few week's in flowering and a few are in there first week.. i have only watered with fish emoulsion once and superthrive.. would it be a bad idea to start feeding them superbloom this far into flowering??

also i would like to add i would be happy with or with out using it but if it will help the plant's out im down ... but another thing is will it effect the final product because i have grown with nothing but creek water and the bud wasnt bad tasting at all.. any opinion's/expierence

2. In my opinion that would be overkill, use very little of it, if any..

phosphates are toxic to many micro organisms, some of which are responsible for P uptake with your plant, basically, excelling at this symbiotic activity when P levels are moderate to low... therefore adding phosphate may give you the instant effect you are looking for, and increase your yield, but IMO it's unnecessary if you have a fertile ground and the soil food web is already on the ball for your plant.

3. thank's man

4. kelp and alfalfa meals... both contain vital compounds and elements and will absolutely increase your plants yield... so much so that synthetic isolates of these plant materials are used in commercial agriculture... mix that up with redworm shit and spray it on leaf...

5. (nevr spray buds obviously) ;)

although i've heard spraying h2o2 on buds is ok...

6. ehh.. i would go get those if i had he money ... so i guess its just water and superthrive. would too much nitrogen stop it from flowering?? i was thinking about using some wood ash out of the bbq..

i have purpleing of stem's and some are just now getting purp vein's ..ive read it is either n/p def...

7. i should water them tomorow morning or tonight but i just dont know if i should try to give em some much needed nute's.. i just transplanted them from there pot's they where too big for about a week ago ... also i forgot to add that a few of them are yellowing lower water leaves to

8. #8 hope2toke, May 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2012
    well ashes are very acidic, I haven't used them but I've heard they do best when composted. I think Jerry uses bone meal char and in small amounts im sure it's useful.

Some blades harvest their own kelp and alfalfa, it's a matter of source, and their product is just superb. kelp from ponds and streams and alfalfa from areas where it grows... the soil around alfalfa is also good to collect although. many insects are attracted to alfalfa, which improves ecosystems via frass and animals and fish that eat insects, aphids love alfalfa...

comfrey is a powerful bionutrient and it's an invasive species (Ie. may be able to find it). I've also heard yarrow teas are great for inducing flowering, if ya google images its also a weed. aloe vera, if you can find it, is a great additive... careful with superthrive, it's actually a pesticide and NAA it's not correlated with higher yield.

another thing you can do to improve your plants health is mulch the ground. microbes and worms will live right up to the surface with mulch, and this greatly improves plant health as the root ball is there.

9. I'm using super bloom on my grow And its growing fine... I only use 1/4-1/2 the suggested measure and my plant is not showing any signs of deficiencies or Burns and I'm in the second week of flowering. As soon as I started using it, pistils started shooting out like crazy.

10. alrighty allmighty right on i aready got a bunch of pistls but the more the better!!=):hello::wave:thatks mang

11. Use it , that is what it is for just make sure to flush for 2 weeks before harvest

12. right on what i wanted to hear... atleast it wont be a waste even if it was only 6 buck's