Super Silver Haze vs Super Lemon Haze

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by StonedSativa, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Which plant would be the better choice in potency and yeild, but focusing more towards the yeild?

The Super Silver Haze looks like a good producer after watching GHS grow it on youtube plus ive smoked it before and fucking loved it

The Super Lemon Haze from what ive heard and seen from watching youtube videos, browsing gc, etc has mixed feelings in terms of yeild, some say its yeilds poorly, others say the yeild its fantastic. The Attitude site says its supposed to yeild 1000g per plant outdoors so im a little confused about that. Potency however, nearly every piece of review/journal of this strain said it was the dankest bud they ever grown. Attitude says the THC content is 22.9%

Anyways, I was curious on GC's opinion on this topic, any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks!:hello:

2. Well Super lemon haze is actually SSH x lemon skunk (or so I have read, have not grown either). Either way you are going to see some expression from the SSH, it's really a matter of preference and what you are looking for in a plant. I would personally prefer to grow SSH because I can buy it in reg. seeds and I want to be able to breed the plants I grow without being worried about spreading intersex-prone genetics. SLH will most likely be bomb too, and both are true winners. I guess what it comes down to is how appealing the "Lemon" in SLH is compared to the older, but so far more proven SSH. Whatever you choose it is doubtful that you will be disappointed by either.

3. if you find a good pheno on SLH, it will yield way better than SSH. the point of adding skunk was the yield. grow out a few SLH seeds to find that high yield phenotype

4. i grow a SSH that already has a nice lemon punch to it. yields great indoors. gave a friend 2 cuttings he took outdoors and he says he got just over a half lb so thats about 4 oz a plant. he could be a fisherman...we may never know. but indoors under 150w LED/CFL i was pullin 1-1.5 oz with some training. havent run the silver under the 400w yet.... still workin on fillin up a screen.

still probably gonna get some SLH beans eventually though. probably after next years cup so all hype dies down

5. Fuck it, Ill just grow both lol
    Ill make sure to add them to the outdoor strain guide when season is over
    Thanks guys!

6. If you check out OldPorks Pork-A-Polooza Outdoor journal you will see that he pulled down an elbow off one SLH. That's all I needed to here to want to run it this year as well. However, if you get a lot of different phenos when you crack da beans then this may eplain why there are some varying results on yield. That's why this year I think that I'm going to cut down on the number of beans I'm ordering and just order 5 SLH and choose the most vigorous pheno and run clones. It's more work but at least you know what your working with. In contrast, when you run a bunch of beans your going to get variety all over the place with any hybrid. I've been looking at the same two strains bro and was trying to choose myself. But it's just been to many good reviews on the SLH to not roll da dice on that baby. Also, I was looking for some earlier finishers to run with them as well. I have been leaning towards GHS WW or Dinafem Blue Hash.