Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Super Macro - FROSTY Bud

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by parkrats, Apr 8, 2013.

1. #1 parkrats, Apr 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2013
    I've got to say, these might be the best bud pictures I've ever taken.
    This weed is definitely some of the best I've had in a really long time as well. :hello:

Enjoy. If you want to zoom through the trichome caverns just click the pictures again once the thumbnails are enlarged to open a new page with the full size image. (Warning: Very HIGH Resolution)

The smell is pretty unique, most noticeably it has a strong skunk smell, and then there's light hints of sweet earthy scents. It almost reminds me of sweet corn in a way. Taste is similar, nothing too exciting though. Very smooth smoke, just has a rather typical taste. But the high is phenomenal, mellow stoney head high with an energetic buzz. I like this weed a lot, hopefully will be picking up some more tomorrow. I'll add pics of bigger nugs if I get some.

LMK what you think homies, from Missouri BTW.
    #4 is my favorite pic personally, I like the way it looks like it's exploding outward almost.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      316.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      177.4 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      454.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Looks tasty

3. Thanks, it very well is, although like I mentioned, the taste is the only thing about this nug that isn't absolutely unreal.

Nothing wrong with the taste, it's very good, it's just not as incredible as the smell and looks that leave you hoping for a flavorful taste. It smokes perfect though, very smooth smoke and classic weed taste.

4. Most definitley those nugs look to be hella dank! Almost look identical to this Chemdog I had privelage to smoke the other day.

5. Nice, I've never had any Chemdog that I knew of.

My buddy didn't tell me any names, sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't know. I usually don't bother asking because I have no idea who grows it. There's only a few of my buddies that I'll really trust the names they tell me because I know they know where it's coming from.

Names aside, this bud still rules. I do wonder what it is though...

6. Hey man good job on the pictures. Can I ask what camera they were taken with?

7. Nikon D3000. Using the cheap Nikon 50mm f/1.8.

Just holding the lens up to the image sensor backwards instead of shooting with the lens attached as normal to get the super clear macro focus. The lens was ~8 in. from the subject in those shots for them to be in focus. No focus ring adjustment this way either, you just move the glass closer or away to get it in focus.

When it's close to being in focus I just snap multiple shots as I move verrry slowly, dragging the focus across the subject, as the shutter fires over and over to make sure I get a shot that has ideal focus on the nug I'm shooting.

The difference between the focus you wanted and the focus that you ended up shooting, is just micro meters of variation in the distance between the subject and glass.

I took tons of shots for almost 2 hours last night to get these 4 just right. Hope you all enjoy looking! Also for anyone who was wondering, I didn't smoke that fiber on the little piece of weed pic #3. It kept falling out of the pliers at first so it gathered some debris and I didn't notice before I took that shot, I cleaned it off before I put it in my bowl :)

8. Nice pictures and buds.

9. Thanks, I picked up some more earlier. Got a better nut to take pictures of, it's only a half gram nugget but I got some really nice purple nugs too. Very dense and spongy, grape taste and smell, but the smell is something else, grapey, skunky almost diesel like aroma.

Can't wait to get some shots of these. I'll post pictures later tonight, this purp is truly some of the dankest purple nugs I've had.

10. great pics of great bud!

11. damn bro. thats that fire. +rep

12. My friend used to try to get some of the frost off of weed and put it in this little baggy.

13. Thanks fellas.

Finally took some more shots of the purple nugs I got earlier. Again no big fancy nugs or anything but these little popcorn bits are potent as fuck.

The green buds are the same as the pictures from last night in the OP. The purple tastes and smells like grapes mixed with skunk and sweet, fresh flower smell. Absolutely killer bud.

No idea on the name of the purp, my buddy said the other nugs were something like "Eugene Queen" or something very similar to that.

Attached Files: