Super lemon haze lucas formula DWC defficiency? week 4 flow

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by 5Jperday, Jan 18, 2011.

1. #1 5Jperday, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2011
    Hi guys,
    my plants are coming towards the 4th week of flowering and it appears to have some sort of defficiency im using general hydroponics Flora series in Lucas formula.

i have 2 plants in a DWC recirc system, 1 Big bang and 1 Super lemon haze.
    Its only the SLH that has the problem.

My method of toppin up goes like this.
    I use a 0:1:2 ratio of grow micro bloom and feed to what the plant needs by looking at how the plant consumes.
    If they PPm starts to go down and PH goes up i up the PPM, and vice versa.
    I make my analysis BEFORE i top off to my fill line.

i keep my PH at 5.8 - 6.0 and my PPM atm is around 1100.

i think it started around a week ago when i left my PPm a little to long at it went upto around 1700 and PH dropped to around 5.4 but i flushed twice since then and it seems stable again now.

I dont know how much extra info i can provide.

my temps stay around 28C.

i was thinking its a potassium defficiency but i am not sure.
    the leaves are slightly crispy looking at the ends its mainly the second set of fan leaves on a few branches. There are hints of yellow and brown looking rust in between the veins of the leaves, in the worst cases it joins up and the ends curl a bit.
    I really doubt its overfeeding because its been at least a week and the leaves havnt recovered.
    the pics arent brilliant wuality but here goes.

please say if i missed any vital information.

Attached Files:

2. Hmmmm...

Nute burn. Really looks like nute burn to me. But I'm genuinely not sure. It seems that when it went to 1700, they probably got roasted a bit and your standard PPM of 1100 is close to ideal (or may be for your plants), so that seems consistent. If you look at it in percentages, 1700 is almost 150% of normal.

I know this is lame but it's been a week and they still aren't recovered. Might wanna put them on straight water or light nutes for a few days and see if you develop decent growth.

I'm not sure what else it could be, especially since you seem experienced enough. /shrug

I could use backup on this for sure, though.

3. thanks man,
    this is my 2nd grow so far and i ran lucas formula last time, i had the same problem on my blue cheese for a little while but i ran with it and i dont think it served well.
    i had a differnt technique last time with feeding last time just running standard 0/18/16ml that lucas recommends.

4. I love the Lucas Formula. I used it for a long time and still do if I'm growing something new. Blue cheese might be a tough plant to grow? I haven't looked at that at all but maybe it is just super picky. Make a post in the hydro section asking people how their blue cheese grows have gone and get some feedback maybe? I'm sure others have better advice on this one. :)

Good luck!

5. try to fluctuate ph from 5.4 to 6.2 slh loves the nutes. Must be the skunk in it.

6. kk will do.
    by fluctuating the PH is that how you can find the perfect PH that the plant likes?
    i mean like is the perfect PH found when the plant can take the highest concentration without the ppm rising?
    or is this unrelated.

it seems to be eating perfectly for the past week or so,

at 5.8PH i can feed it around 1150ppm and if anything the nute level is going down very slow. Dropped about 20ppm in 24 hours.

the leaves are looking the same as before, but im assuming she is recovering or fully recovered.

i can tell the Big bang wants more nutes thought, its not as dark green as the SLH.

Maybe it just is Nute burn, but i made this post just to be sure really, you would rather be safe with these kind of things, especially considering i had a smiliar problem on my last grow.

Is 1150ppm normal for a sativa to be taking in or is that kinda low?

7. Plants use different nutes at different ph. When you keep adding ferts at high ppm and the ph is always the same the plant is not using them the most efficiently so you may have too much of one and get nute burn or not enough of another and slow growth. Its not likely that you would get a deficiency with good nutes in a healthy ph range unless you are starting with really bad water.

So yes, if you maintain ph properly and fluctuate a little the plant can use more nutes but you don't have to add more.