Super Growth Using Ultrasonic Frequencies!

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Dug, May 12, 2009.

1. is it true that plants do not know or cannot tell how many hours of light there is period, they can only tell &/or count the dark hours.

this essesntially means, you could experiment with 20hr light cycles & 12-15 hour dark cycles without killing the plant. whether this is ideal for potency/yield/etc etc, is not knwon to me.

the reason i ask is, untils omeone compares or tries the high freqs to the plants juxtaposed to a control plant, we will never really know if the sounds are aiding or disturbing the light or dark cycle or both cycles. perhaps the high freq sounds only occur in daytime & work best then & hinder dark cycles. same can be said of the PV cell experiment. I am wary of causing yet another stress to the plant. so, looks like it will be another 4 months before I can come back & comment or say how it goes.....

2. #102 thegreenisking, Nov 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2009
    I might be bitting off more then I can chew with this grow (I am combining about 4 different advanced growing techniques). But I am going to experiment during Flowering with Plantricity on one plant and see what happens (going to do it on all them in flowering if my first experiment on a weed the useless kind). Also I have confirmed the Pestchaser (well the only way I can I goggled it and found the Manual) what I meant by oscillating is that it fluctuates supposedly to keep the rodents from getting used to the frequency. IDK if this is good or bad for our application but like you said it can't hurt to experiment (at least I hope so).

As far as what Boom was saying I would do the same if I were using soil and had another room to keep a control plant but maybe next time. I guess I will have to do it mythbuster way and forget a control (they do it all the time it ticks me off) and just try it on them all. If they continue to bud with no signs of stress I will continue.

My ultimate goal is to by able to set a speed record on harvest while still retaining yields. I'm hoping to go from seed to harvest in 2-2.5 months might be unrealistic but I would rather shot for the stars then never fly. Its all very exciting stuff who know maybe we will revoultionize the industry. Or it could be a complete and utter failure but that is science.

3. I am think im gonna try to figure out an ultrasonic setup myself....seems likes it def worth a try. Thanks for the info

4. #104 noboody, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2009
    ok so this old guy who tought me how to grow used to do this shit heres what he told me play them clasical through the whole veg when they start budding give them a couple hours a day of loud rock and roll for stress i always thought he was a little wacked but i had to admit it seemed to work like beating my girls and shit and kicking my buckets they seemed to get more frosty

just rember a lot of botonasts like the ones the goverment of canada hired to grow medical weed cant grow good pot the conditions are often to perfect thc is a defence mechinism agenst preditors and excessive light/heat some stress is good

5. HI ALL! don't go through the hassle of building a possibly errorred modules....
    on amazon.com u can purchase many many many models of pest repelents which are pre assembled and ready to emit ultra sonic frequecy waves at a plug n play option. for really cheap to, from $10 to 3 for $25

EVERYONE! amazon offers a free $30 for anyone who gets an "amazon.com visa card" meaning you can get your pest repeller for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

6. Maybe, if you are so smart, next time you read someone else's post and criticize it, you'll take the care to read all elements fully and completely. . His post says 32Khz and 64 Khz. DUH!

7. Hmmm...well, back in post #97 I thought I had my mea culpa. I guess I'm going to have to plead diminished capacity. I got H1N1 a couple of months ago and it had degenerated into pneumonia about the time I was halfway through a greenhouse build which was about the same time I made that post. The weather was getting cold, I had flowering plants at risk and I was sick and stressed out to the max when I posted. It's taken a while to get to the other side of this. I'm just now getting back up to speed and logged in here and saw this post. Sorry if I came off like an asshole. That wasn't my intent. There is just a lot of snakeoil being sold out there in the audio realm and elsewhere and I hate to see people who are trying to get as much bang for the buck as possible throwing their $$ down a rathole.

There are speakers out there that can reproduce frequencies well above 20kHz and well below 32Hz if they have a signal that is actually broadcasting those frequencies. The good ones aren't cheap.

I also hope that this system that was originally mentioned here is working for whoever bought it. I don't have a dog in the fight.

Best regards,

8. #109 Vicarious87, Jan 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2010
    This sounds crazy but i do believe that Marijuana plants and other plants for that matter love sound and touch.

I was taught by a few old women gardeners from different walks of like and learning, that talking to your plants and giving them attention and touch will not only keep the plants happier but they will grow alot faster and somehow better.

I had a noob grow setup with 3 fems in a bathtub with 26" flouro setup and i had one of those sleepy-time aroma therapy/music sounds machines that is supposed to help you relaxe and sleep, the settings on the sound was OCEAN, FORREST, WATERFALL, MEADOW, BROOK, JUNGLE. I used to keep it on either forest brook or jungle for the daylight hours and it would play random bird songs and wind blowing thru the trees or rushing water, with like 4 different birdsongs intertwined, it was pretty amazing...

I cant tell how much the soundmachine helped but without much for ferts and miracle grow 3mo soil it worked quite fine.

9. I like this idea. Very interesting stuff. I wonder if the constant hum and bubbling of a dwc adds anything to growth?

10. Will be experimenting with this soon and hope to keep you all informed.

DUG, you are the dank forum brother, you are the light at the end of the blunt, may your bag always be full, your lighter always dry.

11. Bump

How is the Death Metal working out?

I figured Id bump the thread for my good friend Dug(what up Brother?..long time:D)

Any other experimenters got any updates?

Peace

12. Could we get them again, the link is bad?

13. i haven't done much work on making speakers yet, but i did find a cool wikipedia article
    Sonochemistry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    apparantly, there's a lot of cool shit that sonic energy can do to many things other than weed. wonder which of 'em is so important to plant growth?

14. well dug, i just modified my ultrasonic maker (Stop Dog Barking | Lentek Bark Free | Dog Training Device | Control Dog Barking) so it goes off for 7-10sec every 5-10sec, & its frequency is between 20 Khz - 85 Khz, set to run for 12hrs (im on wk 3 of 12/12).
    setup: 4x4x7 tent
    genitics = 2 CH9 Green Bud
    lights = 600w Nextgen w/ 600w Sunmaster Super HPS Delux (90,000 lumens), 2 x 65w 2700k CFL @ 7,800 lumens, 1 x 42w 2700k CFL @ 2,900 lumens, & 2 15w tubes (1 x 3050k & 1 4100k) @ 1,700 lumens, & 1 x 26w 10.0 UVB @ 525 lumens; total ~ 108,000 lumens.
    medium = hydroton (ebb & flow) 36x24x8 using 6" net pots
    nutes = lucas formula, w/ monster bloom 0-50-30 & big bud 0-18-40, liquid seaweed, hygrozyme, & subculture
    res size = 18gal, ph @ 5.8-6.0, ppm @ ~1200, res temp @~ 70f
    temps = coming in (outside air temps 30's- mid 60's), in room 68F, in tent 68-73F
    RH = 30%
    vent = 1 8" 500cfm exhaust fan, 2 x 8" window fan (1000cfm) {1 connected to exhaust fan to help assist 8" exhaust fan, & 1 is used as an intake for the room}

so we'll see how things play out & if i notice a difference w/ ultrasonic sounds

15. #117 jcj77d, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2010
    yall could try this sine wave MP3 used for setting up car audio amps, its 20khz - 20hz.
    put this on repeat & place speakers near plants
    android phones also has 3 free apps, 1 is "Dog Whistle" & can be configed to 80hz - 22,000hz.
    the other app is called "Favorite Frequencies" & can be configed to 0-20,000hz, & "crazysound"

Attached Files:

16. well 24hrs later after putting in my ultrasonic frequency maker in grow, i can see a nice noticible difference, BUDS are fatter & are everywhere, 2 plants almost fill a 3.5 x 3.5 area.

17. 24 hours?? and what is your control group?

18. any updates on this?