Super coco GSC grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Smokexbreak, Oct 25, 2018.

1. 4x4 tent
    (2) hlg65 for veg
    (4)hlg120's (2) hlg96's for flower

Supercoco mix
    Cocobrix
    Perlite
    Gaia green all purpose dry amendments
    Gaia green flower dry amendments

Remo nutes for straight coco plant in the solo cups

All of these are feminized GSC photos.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last feed for the straight coco was this AM

Remo nutes 1/4 strength 400ppm @6.0ph
    Micro
    Grow
    MagnifiCal

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. @Soil2Coco

• Like Like x 1
  3. So I tucked my tail in between my legs and repotted back into solo cups from fear of overwatering.

4. I'm subbed. Ready to those 96s from a fresh start!

5. But I'm pretty sure it's really hard to over water in coco. I'm a newb and have yet to do it. Even with plastic pots. This is 75/25 coco perlite. Little algae at the top IMG_20181022_134808.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm by no means experienced so who knows how it'll come out. I doubt i do the QB's justice compared to a veteran. I've grown for the last year but in FFOF exclusively this is my first go in coco.

However I'd made my super coco Mix in a tub and it was still super damp when I transplanted from pure coco into the 3 gallons. Because it was so small it wasn't able to take up near the water it needed so the rest of the pot was still VERY wet and I began to see over watering symptoms yesterday that's why I threw them back into the solo cup and now my fingers are crossed they recover decently.

But I'm happy to have ya! Maybe with a few experienced growers I'll have enough guidance to not screw up too bad.

One love

• Like Like x 1
  7. My first full run and swapped to coco mid grow. No lie. It's easy imo, but I had the nutes figured out from dwc. It was just fine tuning the pH. And I have so many people to ask questions if needed so that helps.
    I see what you're saying about the over watering and could see that happening. Probably for the best, but I'm with you on inexperience lol

8. I’m here bud. Ready to watch you grow!!!

9. I appreciate it guys! I'm excited to see what happens. All the coco journals I've seen ended up with some pretty sweet plants!

10. Took you guys advice and moved them back to solo cups. I think they're happier there for sure.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. So I'm getting some obvious over watering symptoms. My cups still are really damp under the top layer. Some are a little droopy. But most of all the growth has been so slow its stupid.

Do you guys think they'll make it?
    Also, my heats at like 75 in the tent if I boost the temp to like 83 would this help speed up the process of getting the plants to uptake what's in the medium?

Super coco
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Coco only
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Idk, you look fine. Maybe some stretch.
    How are they today?

13. They've taken off!!! Tad bit of stretch for sure I'm going to transfer them into bigger pots pretty quick. They seem to be loving the super coco! Much faster growth than I was ever getting out of my FFOF.

@Soil2Coco I'm going on week two on those two that are coco only. I'm at 1/4 strength nutes should I bump to 1/2 during week 2?

[​IMG][​IMG]

14. Week 2 update

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Got some weird colors and one that's put out 1 leaf on the cola.

15. going to watch and see how this turns out , im 1 week behind you but im going from coco hempy to super soil with air pots. Last run over the summer I used fox farms " coco loco " which sounds similar to what you mixed up. Using coco loco the veg using just water they did well , once It started into flower and was using organic nutes I had enough issues to do a major flush and swap back to regular gh bottled nutes to save them, im not sure where I went wrong but the plants were total schwag buds come harvest. This time the grow is 2/3 ocean forest soil on top with the bottom 1/3 is the super soil in air pots and from seed all my other grows were from clones , they say this will take me all the way thru to harvest.

• Like Like x 1
  16. You will still need to use flowering nutes if you want dense buds. I’ve been trying for years to get the hydro results with water only soil. It just doesn’t happen. Maybe with No Till but I need to turn out crops so a seperate veg space is mandatory.

I grow in homemade organic soil too and the addition of Aptus Supplements has been amazing. I’m only on about 2-3 weeks of use but the budset and quality is already apparent.

[​IMG]

Look how happy they are, praying to the qbs. Only 3 weeks into flower. The buds are going to be pretty big

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. yeah no till super soil is what im doing . Ive gotten great dense buds off the indoor led hempy bucket runs using gh nutes but they have always been lacking smell and taste . quantity wise they have all been great runs I run 4 plants in the tent and always had over a pound dry. This run is going to be 1 plant skunk kush in a scrog with a decent veg time

18. I'm hoping it works out we will see!!

I found I got the same results with fox farm ocean forest! I'd get through veg no issues and then boom flower comes with yellow leaves and more bullshit than I'd like!

I'm collecting ingredients from dr earth to make a supersoil with the spent fox farm I've collected. And if none of this works I'm thinking vegging in fox farm and then transplanting into the super soil for flower!

I'd like to know if the super soil on the bottom of the pot works because if it doesn't i may just start doing that!!!

[​IMG]

This is an experiment soil. It's the only one not in the super coco

1/3 peat
    1/3 EWC
    1/3 old FFOF

2 cups perlite per gallon of medium

Gaia green all purpose @ 1tbsp per Gallon
    Dr earth flower girl @ .5 tbsp per gallon

We will see what happens.

• Like Like x 1
  19. All organic, water only grows end up with fluffy buds. If you can use some organic bloom nutes like Aptus, or Nectar of the Gods, you will get much better product. The hydro does sap some flavor and smell away unless you flush heavily and cure. But there is no beating it for yield and density. I’m ditching the coco for awhile and hitting the soil again though.