Summertime blues hitting anyone else?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Its a six, Jun 24, 2010.

1. I don't know what it is, but I am just so sick and depressed right now. I just feel like it's summer and I should be having a fucking blast...and instead, I'm taking summer classes and working at my shitty cashier job all the time. Yuck.

Any positive vibes to send my way? Anyone know how to get out of this rut? Is anyone else feeling like this?

2. Well, this is what worked for me:
    at the start of the summer my girl had just left me, I was struggling with depression, and my house had turned into an out of control party house where I honestly was just getting used by people who wanted to get drunk at a parent free place. Shit sucked, big time summer blues.
    So first thing I did that helped, and on the recommedation of my ex gf funnily enough, was go to therapy. I never believed in it before but you have no idea how much that stuff helps. I have a whole new outlook on life now and am perfectly content with myself and my life for the first time. I only attended 4 sessions but that's all I needed. I hvent really gotten I've my ex but I realize that this break could be good for us and we've talked about getting back together. In the mean time i've just been dating around and it's been good for me.
    I try to utilize every opportunity and hang out with as wide a group of people as possible doing a wide variety of things, whether we are smoking or not I hve fun doing things I never thought I would like roller skating.
    I bought motorcycle, best decision I've made so far this summer. There's no other feeling like it, it's an excellent hobby to pursue just by yourself. Basically just be open to new and exciting things.
    I work two jobs and about 65 hours a week total. I've never been happier though. I don't have bad days anymore, just great days and ok days. I hope this might help you a bit man. Good luck

3. You just need to remember that you're still very young. In a few years this summer will just be a distant memory. Just live life and take what you can from it. I remember a few years back I worked a job that I hated and eventually I just quit. I later realized that I actually had a few good memories there and I learned a few life lessons that I take with me to this day.

4. Dude, I would give anything to go to class or have a job, basically get out the house. Unfortunately I tore my ACL about a month before summer started so I can't really work. All I'm really doing is either sitting around watching tv or rehabbing, so stop feeling sorry for yourself and don't take shit for granted. Go out and have fun if you're bored.

5. Dude, what the fuck is a "summer" and this "blast" you speak of that is normally associated with it?

Point I'm making here is enjoy this thing called a "summer" in whatever form it may bring you while you still can, because in a few short years, you'll be joining the rest of us who work full time all year long. Yeah, like all 12 months, not just 9 of them... :eek::D

Shit, after working my ass off for the last three days and almost no sleep, I'd fucking pay to go to class right about now...Ugh.

6. i wish i had your dumb cashier job.
    i dont have any job, try planning a week on a island in florida when you have no fuckin money -_-

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxGh6VGxuw0]YouTube - Sublime - Doin' Time/Summertime[/ame]

7. I suppose you're right. I'm actually pretty old, and maybe I just need to face the fact that summer's just not what it used to be. Still...I'd like to get myself out of this slump that I'm in. Hang in there, man.

8. I can relate a little. I'm taking summer classes and working fulltime as of next week, but up until now I've only had to deal with classes. I've gotten out and done a lot of things so far and this summer is just getting started, but this week has been one where I've had ample reason to stay inside so I've got the blues right now.

The way to get out of the rut you're in is to do what you want to do. Get out and have fun. Hang out with some friends. Meet some new people. Go to somewhere exciting, do something exciting. I'm happy to say I've done all of this in recent weeks and there's more to come. I hope even with our schedules we can still make the most out of this summer!

9. ^^^ Aaaahh love that song!!

Summertimeee and the living's easy.

10. Summer is always more fun when you were little then as you get older is gets more and more boring. The best thing is to try and find stuff to do, at every opportunity get out and do something with someone.

Im lucky I live next to 10,000 lakes and amazing state parks. I also work 45 hours/week, summer just isnt what it used to be. I almost wish for fall and winter by the end of summer.

11. ^^^^ i live in MN to its awesome and dude i wish i had ur job ive been looking for ever and my parents are on my ass to get a job cause my dads unemployed and in going to college in the fall just be happy your ever alive see the positives in life listen to music and just chill look forward to a new career