Summer of Auto Love

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by ScottoRoboto, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Hello from Calgary.

I am running Autos this year from Canuck Seeds
    Auto Blueberry Fem x2 (one a week behind)
    Super Lemon Haze Auto
    OG Kush Auto

May 25: Soaked seeds 16hrs and planted directly into jiffy pucks and into 5gal fabric pots (see note). Covered with plastic containers for humidity and placed outside in sun for warmth or inside for temp control dependent on day.

May 29: Noted early sprouts x4 seeds. Soil started very dry and so area under dome misted with water (see note). Pot area outside domes watered to attempt to saturate.

May 30: x1 seed (Cheese Auto Fem) limp and yellowed - ?dampen off. Removed at end of day when unchanged.

Other three seeds going strong. Kept in sunlight through morning for x~5hrs direct exposure. Then shaded for remainder of day. Pots brought in for watering.

New Auto Blueberry seed set to soak.

Soil: Mix of giver or take ratio

1/3 SuperSoil from BlueSky Organics
    1/3 ProMix HP Mycorrhizea
    1/3 Compost

Watering to planting site contains Great White Mycorrhiza Powder and General Organics Bioweed. All water ph tested with litmus paper and altered with white vinegar or baking soda for pH 5.5-6.5 with visual.

Last year I germinated in paper towel and planted with large tap roots. I transplanted into larger 5gal pots to late and caused my autos some degree of shock and never saw them rebound. This year I decided to follow some different advice and plant directly into my finishing container. It was a much more challenging process for me to sit and wait as I have had 100% success with germinating in paper towel.

Last summer, in Calgary, I lost x6 autos to bud rot with growing outside in our untupically very cool and moist weather. I am hopeful that this year I have learned some lessons.

Attached Files:

2. Update: Week 2

May 31: This week I germinated and sprouted the replacement plant - Auto Blueberry Fem. I germinated in papertowel and planted into a juffy puck with mycorrhizae powder. Spout emerged on day 2 and was kept in domed environment.

I am running it under 2ft, full spectrum T5 lights 24/7 in order to attempt to catch up its growth. There are many roots noted emerging from the jiffy and I will transplant to 5gal final container this evening (June 6). I will continue to keep it under lights providing 200-300photons. My intention is to compare starting all seeds in pucks under lights and transplanting to final containers VERSUS germinating seed right in final container and using the sun.

June 2: Watered as dry ++ at this point humidity domes were removed.

June 4: I watered with 2ml BioWeed from General Organics.

June 5: A wind gust knocked over a neighbouring plant and it fell onto the OG Kush Auto. This did a real number on the stem and I tried using a paper clip to help support it.

June 6: Today I added organic compost to the top of the soil and watered in with pH’d water of ~1L. I had to make a mound at the stem site to help with support and burrying the stem. In regard to the OG Kush note from yesterday, I am hopeful that this approach of burrying the stem will allow for continued growth as the leaves remain intact.

Plants have been kept in sun and overnight in garage. It is still getting below 10 overnight here in Calgary. I have watered every other day in a circle around the plant site. I have noted that the periphery of the pot is bone/dust dry and so I have attempted to wet that too.

It’s supposed to continue being cool and rainy here in Calgary so we shall see what the next week brings.

My intention is that when I have enough growth I will top the plants and being with LST.

Scott

Attached Files:

3. Update: Week 2

May 31: This week I germinated and sprouted the replacement plant - Auto Blueberry Fem. I germinated in papertowel and planted into a juffy puck with mycorrhizae powder. Spout emerged on day 2 and was kept in domed environment.

I am running it under 2ft, full spectrum T5 lights 24/7 in order to attempt to catch up its growth. There are many roots noted emerging from the jiffy and I will transplant to 5gal final container this evening (June 6). I will continue to keep it under lights providing 200-300photons. My intention is to compare starting all seeds in pucks under lights and transplanting to final containers VERSUS germinating seed right in final container and using the sun.

June 2: Watered as dry ++ at this point humidity domes were removed.

June 4: I watered with 2ml BioWeed from General Organics.

June 5: A wind gust knocked over a neighbouring plant and it fell onto the OG Kush Auto. This did a real number on the stem and I tried using a paper clip to help support it.

June 6: Today I added organic compost to the top of the soil and watered in with pH’d water of ~1L. I had to make a mound at the stem site to help with support and burrying the stem. In regard to the OG Kush note from yesterday, I am hopeful that this approach of burrying the stem will allow for continued growth as the leaves remain intact.

Plants have been kept in sun and overnight in garage. It is still getting below 10 overnight here in Calgary. I have watered every other day in a circle around the plant site. I have noted that the periphery of the pot is bone/dust dry and so I have attempted to wet that too.

It’s supposed to continue being cool and rainy here in Calgary so we shall see what the next week brings.

My intention is that when I have enough growth I will top the plants and being with LST.

Scott

4. It was 8, felt like 4, and raining today. The girls went into the garage to stay warmer but trade off is no light.

5. My little seedling was displaying these leaf markings, can any one suggest a reason?

Was getting about 300reading on light meter with x2 full spectrum T5 LEDs so I moved her down so she’s receiving 200-250 and switched to x1full spectrum T5LED and x1”Bright White” T5LED.

Last night, when I turned off the light for the first time in a few days, I misted some mycorrhizae powder and kelp liquid. I believed it had dried before morning but maybe it hadn’t and the light gave it a little burn?

Anyway I’ll keep it as is and evaluate tomorrow?

Attached Files: