summer 2012 backyard grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by spoogey, Jun 28, 2012.

1. well after my prospected summer grow clone went to flower and is almsot finished, i purchased a couple clones and some seeds to grow the rest of the summer. here is what i have growing
    Skywalker OG
    [​IMG]
    querkle that popped out yesterday, already hardened off! i learned with my pepper plants that once they pop up you give them 1 hour sun, 45 min shade for the first day if you can and they are good after that. he spent all day in the sun no stress or burn.
    [​IMG]
    and the label says OG-D(have no idea but it was a freebie)
    [​IMG]

these are my 4,5,6th plants i have ever grown, all in last 2 years, so this will be an adventure i'll share with ya'll!
    i will be growing 2 in huge terra cotta pots and 1 in a 10gallon root pouch. for soil i will be mixing ancient forrest compost, FFOF, and pro mix BX, my feeding schedule will be very basic as i am unemployed and cannot afford off the goodies. i break everything down by waterings(even with my peppers) so compost tea(ingredients will change depending on stage of growth) water,water, GH flora nova(either grow or bloom) this will be fun.
    thanks for checking it out!

2. #2 mjmama25, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2012
    That sounds like my story last year. It was my first time growing outdoor from clone and I didn't realize they flowered early and needed put out later than I would start seeds. When my plants started budding I brought them in to finish and had I start over mid season. Good luck with the new plants.

3. here is the alaksn thunderfuck i will be harvesting next week
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. well here are a couple pics to show just how fast these girls are growing! in just 5 days

Attached Files:

5. here is an update as of today, the girls are growing, the querkle is by far tha fastest grower(my first time growing from seed) hopefully i can get the other 2 to grow into their new homes before they flower!
    skywlker OG
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    OG-D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Querkle
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. i am in coastal san diego, CA. i am hoping they veg for at least another month(fingers crossed) but i think the OG-D clone has started to flower see some white hairs(hoping just pre-flowers) i am thinking the querkle will veg for another months or so and start flowering in late Aug, early Sept. but either way i will be happy as long as i can keep the caterpillars off the flowers this time around. i did find a yellow jacket on a pepper plant of mine yesterday munching down on a caterpillar, he chomped his head off flew away and came back for round 2,3. here are some pics of it
    [​IMG]
    this is the head of the caterpillar
    this was round 2
    [​IMG]

7. well is been about a month or longer since i updated, plants are alive 1 is 2-3 weeks out from finishing, 1 about a month(just a guess) the other 2 months
    querkle, i sprouted from seed in June and looking pretty good, topped it a few times so curious to see how much i end up with
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    og
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    skywalker
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]