Sulphur Powder

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by fawohodie, Apr 23, 2009.

1. #1 fawohodie, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2009
    Someone sugegsted me to sprinkle sulphur powder on my tomatoes and pumkin plants to keep them cool during the hot summer days(in some cases its used to discourage the forming of powdery mildew).i think it has to be applied only once every week in the morning and only when dew has formed during the night. (this powder has been used for decades where i live so they know what they are talking about). Has anyone ever used it on their cannabis plants and do you think that it may affect them in any negative way?

2. Never heard of anyone sprinkling sulfur on cannabis. I don't know anything about the sulfur keeping the plants cool, but it does ward off pests and powdery mildew.

It is rather popular thing for people growing cannabis in a greenhouse to get a sulfume sulfur vaporizer, and some sulfur powder for it, and use it during the dark time, once a week for 5 hours. Something like that. I will soon make my own sulfur vaporizer from a light and a coffee can, we will see how that works out.

Don't know anything about using sulfur outside, though.

Sulfur vaporizer:
    TO BUY ONLINE Hotbox Sulfume including 500g of Sulphur | Hotbox International

Homemade one, on page 5:
    http://web.aces.uiuc.edu/vista/pdf_pubs/611.pdf

3. I would not use sulfur fungicides during the flowering stage. Sodium Bicarbonate or milk solutions are about as effective against mildew and bud-rot as sulfur, and I wouldn't mind smoking any residue.