Sulfur deficiency?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bhines, Apr 11, 2018.

1. #1 bhines, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    Hey everyone. Looking for a little advice here on my first indoor grow.

My info:
    2 bubble kush auto RQS
    280 true watt LED
    2.5x 2.5 x 5' tent
    Temps -75 77 lights off
    80 83 lights on
    Pro mix hp
    GO biothrive grow
    GO biothrive bloom
    GO CaMg+
    AN big bud
    - everything at 1/4 strength
    Ph going in is 6.2
    Soil ph is 5.9
    Using tap water that sits open for 24 hrs

They are on day 25 since sprouting. I noticed pistils about a week and a half ago. Everything was looking good. In the past 3 days ive noticed pale or almost lime green colouring between the veins on middle and upper newer growth.
    Some new growth appears slightly twisted also canoeing downward. Red stems. Starting to see some redish purple near top of the main stalk. I should mention i have only used the bloom and big bud one time on my last watering and am using half veg half bloom solution for first 2 weeks of flowering. It doesnt seem to severe whatever it is. I am assuming some sort of defiency but the problem solving charts online have alot of the same symptoms and i cant seem to narrow it down. Here are a few pics. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Cheers. 20180410_181701.jpg 20180410_181547.jpg 20180410_181734.jpg 20180410_181632.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. I’m not an expert by any means, but leaves yellowing uniformly like that can be a nitro deficiency. Same pot since sprout? Might be time to up nutes a bit if the soil is tapped out of it’s nutes. The purpling can mean other deficiencies or it could just be the strain. Probably good to get a couple opinions, I’m still learning as well. Good luck! Nice sized plant for 25 days, you’re doing something right!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah same pot since sprout its just shy of 3 gallons. From what ive read N def. Usually starts on the lower leaves. Your guess is as good as mine though. Thanks for the reply

• Like Like x 1
  4. Super surprised to not see more comments on this, the community loves helping people with stuff like this. I’m still going with N def, if your PH is solid gently raise nutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ya my ph has been between 5.9 and 6.2 the whole grow. Using pro mix was told to aim for 5.5 to 6.5 so based on that im right where id want to be. Thanks I will take ur advice and try uping the nutes a bit on the next watering.
    Cheers

6. #6 Zehm, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    I had the same problem with the new growth looking a bit yellow. It was a Zinc deficiency caused by the soil ph being too high after adding dolomite lime (soil was at ph 7.0). I solved it by watering with ph 6.0 water. I just added a few drops of lemon juice to lower the ph. Lemon and lime ftw.

Ed: oh and I was getting some readings from my runoff water that I didn't quite believe. It was testing at around ph 5.3. I've just started to ignore the run off readings. The soil ph seems to be the better medium to test. If you're testing from the run off, I'd recommend switching to soil testing instead.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I dont check run off either. I had similar experience. I make a slurry with distilled water and wait a few hours.
    I was also thinking zinc based on what ive been reading but my ph is 5.9 right now so it didnt add up.
    Ive been reading and Im starting to think it may be caused by my light. I have had it around 13-14" for past week. It also seems to affect the upper leaves as well as new growth. Even started to notice yellow tips on very top leaves. What do you guys think?

8. Tips just happened today 20180411_191938.jpg 20180411_192143.jpg