Sulfur burn and Azamax foliar spray

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Spaceinvaderx, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Hello GC!

I did some searching and could not find an answer for my question. I was wondering if anyone out there has some experience using a sulfur burner and Azamax spray. I use them mostly as prevention methods now that I've learned the hard way, LOL. Anyway, I usually wait about a week or so between these two, but I was wondering if they would be more effective to use closer together or further apart.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

2. Azamax is an every three day spray but you don not want to use it more than twice in a row as the mites build up a tolerance. U really should use two different products and alternate uses. And don't spray it with the lights on

3. hey guys, wonder if you guys had any advice on my situation . im 6 weeks in on 12/12, and im trying to do foliar with the AZAMAX. BUT i got alot of onion thrips. bastards. there sucking the life from my girls. my question is, how strong of a spray (doseage) to QT. considering the pro to con with having so close to harvest and, and having a shit load of thips? any thoughts much appreaciated!

4. I realize that this is way too late to help Gxhd354 (hope this can help someone). I usually tend to stay on the lower spectrum when using any type of insecticide. I use about 6 or 7 ml of Azamax per quart (QT) for a light/medium dosage and about 10 ml/qt for a stronger dose. I have never had a major infestation and hope I never do (knock on wood, fingers crossed), but I would recommend spraying every 5 days or so. I would also recommend adding "spreader/sticker" to the mix to help the insecticide stick to the plants instead of roll off (hhttp://www.amazon.com/Bonide-097-Turbo-Spreader-Sticker/dp/B000PKTPP6/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1310704559&sr=8-9).

I have only had to deal with minor gnat issues, lucky for me there are a few "daddy long-leg" spiders patrolling my rooms, so they actually help control any bugs. I don't let them get out of hand because I usually sweep and do some quick cleaning every 2 weeks, so they usually get swept up.

Honestly though, I haven't had to use this stuff in months since I started incorporating a monthly sulfur burn into my schedule (about 1 hour with the lights and fans off). I built myself one for less than $20 (http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-marijuana-growing/382562-end-your-bug-mold-problems-[diy]-$30.html).

Just don't spray and burn sulfur the same day or you could harm your plants.

Good luck.