Suhr Guitars

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by doobie355, Feb 17, 2011.

1. If anyone hasn't heard of them, they are top of the line, handmade custom guitars.
    I just wanted to share one of my favorite finishes they have out. Its not too crazy or flashy but its definitly beautiful.
    If anyone wants to consider purchasing one of Suhr's masterpieces, you better have 2-3k sitting in your bank account.
    Anyways...
    This is just eye candy for fellow guitarists :smoke:

Attached Files:

2. [​IMG]

that's the most beautiful guitar IMO

3. Wow man, that brings "flame" finish to a whole new level right there. Dunno if I've even seen anything like that come out of even the Gibson Custom shop...closest I've seen to this is PRS, but I still think this takes the cake.

Thanks for sharing! :cool:

4. No offense (I'm a Hendrix fan myself), but are you saying this because this guitar is truly that beautiful, or is it more because of those who have come along and wielded this axe with amazing results?

SRV's guitars were pretty damn beat up and ugly, but damn could he play 'em... :cool:

5. i've always liked strats. even before i knew who hendrix was or before i really played guitar i was drawn toward the strats. of course whether i'll admit it or not me being a fan of hendrix (along with a long line of other strat players) that had an impact as well. but the color, shape, sound, feel, everything just makes me feel a stronger love for the strats.

i also love the relic look.. john mayers "black one" ... bonerville city population: me

and you really think stevie's guitars are ugly :eek:

6. Some of my favorite guitarists play on Suhr's.
    Probobly one of the most popular custom guitar shops online.
    Seems popular among alot of fusion guitarists (if you can play fusion, you can play anything. One of the most difficult guitar styles out there)
    But I doubt alot of people here know about fusion. '
    Either way, no offence taken and I understand your point :)
    But these guitars are extremely well made and made to fit your exact specifications so natuarally, no two are usually the exact same. I've played a few though and they feel amazing :eek:

7. i'm sure they are great guitars i'm not saying that and i would love to play one. but i just feel like i would feel/look awkward with it in my hands ya know? i feel like guitars are like clothes theres a shit ton out there cause everyone gots different style.

8. Well said. I'll smoke to that :bongin:

9. Heh, bonerville...that made me laugh. And yeah, I agree, his model is pretty damn nice.

I see your point, trust me was considering picking up a 3-burst deluxe with maple v-neck some time ago, and I may still do it one day, always wanted a Strat.

And yeah, SRVs guitars weren't "ugly" per-se, but they certainly were not looking like the OP's pic when he got down with 'em after a few years use...then again, perhaps we should all look to wear in a guitar like your favorite pair of jeans...

Young kid by the name of Mattrach on YouTube is pretty damn amazing with his Strat too.

Cheers. :cool:

10. Strats aren't bad. Shit, I have a handmade American Strat right next to me. Its just black and white but it plays nice :D