Suggestions wanted: Building a stash/rolling box, what to include?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by 3lemental, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Hey all, so the end of Uni (college to you americans!) is coming up in a little less than a month and since I've had enough of all my pipes lying around on various surfaces everywhere, I've decided I'm gonna make myself a nice wooden stash box.

My idea at the moment is to have it with a hinged lid and a lift out tray on top (about 1" thick) with spots for papers, lighters, roach card, my scales and a rolling trench (V shaped slot to rest paper in while filling it).
    Underneath this is going to be a foam lined section with cutouts for each of my pipes and my grinder.

Along the right hand section of the box I'm thinking I'll have an area that uses up the entire height (so the pipe section and rolling section are stacked on top of each other and use maybe 70% of the width and then there's the full height open section on the right) and I'm going to find a mason jar that will fit in there/make it the right size for a mason jar.

What I want to know from grasscity;

What are some cool/useful features you can think of for me to try to incorporate?

TL;DR - making a rolling box, what are some cool features to include.

P.S., it's going to be reasonably big, probably the same footprint as a 15" laptop and 3-5" deep depending.

2. You could pick up a cheap cutting board or something similar to put in between the lift out tray and your pipes. That way you'd always have something to break up your goodies on. And if you got one that was the right size you could even have it hiding all of your pipes underneath it. Just a thought

3. That's a neat idea, or maybe just another thin layer of foam over the top. My idea was to have plenty of space on the upper lift out board for rolling and breaking up weed etc, though I usually use my grinder or a shot glass & scissors.

4. I read the entire post in a British accent and it didn't even feel weird doing it.

...and I don't really have any ideas except maybe find a place to keep the bud?

5. I'm actually from New Zealand (though I was born in the UK), but in the UK they have the same academic year as you (middle of one year to middle of the next), in NZ our system is far more logical, February to November... so the 2011 academic year is all in 2011 :p

6. seems like you got all the essentials man. sounds bout like wat i use but mines plastic

7. Yeah that's cool, I was thinking of using something like this for the top section, but if I'm building the rest of the box I think I'd rather build all of it (for the bragging rights ya know :p, also so that I can feel more like it's truly "mine").
    [​IMG]