Suggestions to boost airflow

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by jang707, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Hey guys, i am having some difficulty getting what i consider enough airflow in my grow room. Here is my current setup.
    9 oscillating fans
    1 8 inch vortext fan with a carbon scrubber venting the room
    100 pints a day in dehumidifiers
    48 plants, spaced 16" on center in one direction, and 24 " on center row to row.

my dimensions are as follows.

12 rows, 4 plants deep, with a grand total length of roughly 22 feet, and about 6 feet wide rectangle of a jungle.

I can only get my RH as low as 45-50% with 2 dehumidifiers running, and i feel like the center of my jungle just is not getting the required amount of air flow (i can hold my hand under the canopy, and can just BARELY feel some air movement. I am concerned because i already ran into PM once this grow, and i cant let it set in being that i am in week 4 going on week 5 of flower. I went mad and chopped the shit out of the bottom 1/3 of the plants, hoping to increase airflow as well.

Can somebody give me any more suggestions on increasing airflow or help keep my RH lower??

2. How low are you trying to get your RH? any lower than 45% and your going to be doing more harm than good.

3. I have already experienced PM once this grow, so i am trying to stay a bit on the dry side just to be careful... i have noticed some moisture on the leaves at times in the center of where the plants are located. i would like to be around 40%, or at least be able to maintain a constant RH at around 45 (it really depends on the RH outside, being that i pull fresh air into the room that way.)

4. Makes sense I missed the part about the mildew.