Suggestions on Swords?

Discussion in 'General' started by Flemian, Aug 5, 2012.

1. #41 B33PB33P, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2012
    [quote name='"Flemian"']I think Im def gonna end up getting this one now or eventually. Its nice.

[/quote]

The Ferrous Wolf

[​IMG]

When Ragnarok comes and Fenrir ravages the world, plunging us into chaos—trust us—you will need a blade of substance. With the blessings of the horned god Loki, we give you the Ferrous Wolf. A single-handed, double-edged long sword, and the first ZT blade with a fuller, this beast will slay ice giants, zombies and meth-addicted cannibals.

When it came to kicking ass, the Vikings had it down to an art and a science. With their swift, shallow-hulled long boats, they meted out terror across Europe and beyond. They were an apocalyptic warrior gang crossing the seas in search of plunder, each man with a war chest, shield, helm and the Viking long sword. Our version is a 34-inch blade that is distally tapered, has a three-quarter inch fuller to reduce weight while maintaining strength, and has a full-tang handle supported with steel guard and pommel slabs. With its 28-inch blade balanced by a heavy striking pommel, the Ferrous Wolf will cut down your enemies like it’s your fucking day job.

As with all our blades, the Wolf is made from 5160 spring steel, comes with a black Kydex sheath, and has a T6 aluminum grip wrapped in black Montana leather.

Total Length 34.5in (.88m) Blade Length 28in (.71m) Grip Length 4.5in (.11m) Steel Width 0.25in
    Weight 3lbs(1.36kg) Price $499.95US

2. Is it so hard to understand I dont want a fuckin Video Game sword?

3. Get a sharp sword.

4. Is it so hard to understand this does not relate to video games what so ever. If you can read the descriptions they use 2012 technology, on the basis of an ancient weapon. I thought that I would come to this thread to share my knowledge instead of the 15 other post saying dumb shit. But whatever man

5. Its cool but 500 is rather pricey.

6. #46 InitialToke93, Aug 6, 2012
    A good genuine katana will cost way more than that.

As for OP i don't know much in general about swords but the sword you posted saying you would eventually get looks pretty cool.

7. Your part right there both specialized for the theatre they were used in. The katana however does have fairly good penetrative force. If you recall many videos around of the tanto style blade piercing a car door. Many usable and early katana were made much broader than current blades mostly to keep enough steel to have the needed strength. This was an intended use for these weapons katana were not only a slashing cutting weapon.

There are lots of one of a kinda swords made by many great artist sometimes your even able to find one at a price that isn't that far from your typical upper end collectible.

You may want to try doing a few searches for seconds and things like that if your not looking for absolute perfection, but functional and little bit of aesthetic beauty.

Good luck in your search.

8. 500 is very inexpensive regarding something to make into an heirloom.

You have to understand the majority of the low price swords are not forged at least not in the conventional sense and wont have the strength or durability your looking for.

I really do hope your able to find what your looking for at a price that meets your needs.

9. That is pretty true..

10. [​IMG]

Go with this.

Warhammers can be much more devastating if used properly.

11. I'm sure Vikingtoker knows where to find a badass Norwegian sword for you.

12. #53 STIGGY, Aug 6, 2012
    I love basic long swords
    This is nice too
    Armaduras White Knight Sword

[​IMG]
    149 dollars

13. You'll be getting a barley functional decorative sword for anything below that.

14. sting is cool if you're a hobbit

15. Thats what my friend named his snub nose

16. If you want a unique sword, look up Damascus steel, it's pretty fucking cool. Each blade has a unique print that gets developed on it, looks like flowing water. It's harder than regular steel, resistant to shattering, and stays sharp. When you look at it under a microscope you can see sawtooth shaped carbides so it can still cut even when it feels dull. Its history is really interesting too... About 2000 years ago it was made in the city of Damascus, and it was revolutionary because there was never anything that sharp and durable. Soldiers that had it could slice through enemies armor with ease. The composition of the ore dug up in Damascus was unique to that place, which contributed to the secrecy of the technique to making it.... After the smelters died the secret was lost and it's still not made in the way they made it back then. What's really interesting is when scientists looked at an ancient damascus blade, they saw it had carbon nanotubes in it.... Also the print on the steel is unique to each blade that's made, so that's cool as hell too.

I got a butterfly knife made of it with stag bone handles but the app won't let me post a picture :( One of the coolest things I own.

17. #58 Vicious, Aug 6, 2012
    $500 is pretty cheap, I've seen them easily go over a thousand. With that said, what are you looking for OP? Something battle ready or to decorate? I prefer eastern blades but that viking sword up top is pretty sexy.