Suggestions for a cheap flowering box??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by doom3crazy, May 20, 2010.

1. I am currently growing a white widow and the way its setup is fine for vegging, but when it comes time for flowering I need to have it completly dark during the 12 hours of sleepy time. Any suggestions for a cheap box to put it in come flowering time??

2. use plywood or cardboard and duct tape to put together an enclosure than use a blanket as the lightproof door. Get some flexable ducting and you can bend it and paint the inside of the ducting black so light can't get in/out, attach to inline fan and that's your ventilation.

3. If you go to goodwill you can pick up an old cabinet or something for like ten bucks. Then get really stoned and stare at it and read around on here, and you'll come up with something.

4. awhile ago i saw a thread of someone who used plastic containers, the title was worlds cheapest growbox or something like that. But i cant seem to find it. can someone link me?

5. try the search function.

but IMO the worlds cheapest grow box is the dude with the 1x1 cardboard box, the thread is on the first few pages here somewhere.

6. cool, i actually found it. thanks

7. sweet. I am not being a smartass, the search function is easily the most useful and overlooked tool around here. :hello: Glad it worked for you.

8. If you have an empty corner you can use, all you need is a sheet of plywood and make a triangle using the corner walls. You'll then need a "cover". Goodwill and Salvation Army are the better ideas to find tall cabinets for cheap. Also Spring cleaning season is upon us and people toss old furiture in the trash all the time. I'm looking at one I picked 20 years ago.

9. a broken refrigerator/deep freezer

10. any other ideas? :D

11. I just took two 15 dollar shelves from walmart and faced them against each other and bolted them together.

12. like plastic shevles?

13. not plastic... The wooden (particle board) ones.

Kinda like this, but not the exact ones. Found this one on the builders square website.

Attached Files:

14. ahh ok. You should take a pic of your box. Id like to see it. just to get an idea :)

15. no problem.... I sent my camera in to get repaired a day or so ago before the warranty ran out, but I can have a pic hopefully here pretty soon and i will post it up.

16. coo. Thanks man