sufficient ?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by L337_L0gan, Feb 13, 2014.

1. alright fellow blades i need a little bit of help. :smoke:

i don't know much about electronics at all so im gonna be straight up.

the only things i need this particular piece of equipment for is things like :

internet browsing
    forum browsing
    real time data logging via OBD2 for some vehicles i have
    ordering goods off the internet

so pretty much i just want it for traveling and when i need it to data log on my vehicles.

so my main question is will a cheaper chromebook such as this one be sufficient for my needs?
    i plan on getting a prepaid data package from a provider such as verizon/at&t/straighttalk

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834131484

thanks in advance for your help friends :) & cheers :bongin:

2. @[member="L337_L0gan"] for 3 out of 4 yes it would be fine. I don't think there is any software for the chromeOS that would do data logging. You would probably be better off with a tablet or a cheap laptop. 

3. Cool thx a lot friend. I wouldve hated to get that and my tuning solution not be compatible with it id be taking/sending it back haha

:D

Are there any cheap tablets that you'd recommend ?

4. #4 Markc05, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
    Nexus 7 is not bad. Do you know what software you want to use or if your Bluetooth dongle it?

There are a few apps. You have to have the OBDII connector though. And I think that is like $100. The apps are only a few bucks a piece. But yeah, the nexus 7 will work with it via Bluetooth. A buddy of mine uses one in his shop. Uses it more than his Snap On MODIS

6. @[member="fearjar"] If I remember right, the SnapOn needs constant firmware updates

7. i use cromepro

hondata

and hopefully soon ill be getting something that ill prob need AEM

It can be useful....but I thought it was a heavy awkward piece of garbage for the money you pay. He seems to like his new setup though.