Sufficient CFLs ?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by vondoobie420, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Is this sufficient: 3 CFLs: one 125 watt bloom, one 200 watt bloom both 2700k , one 200 watt veg 65ook Tent: 2 feet x 4 feet x 5 feet Plants: one Autoflower trans Siberian, one photo positronics criticle #47, one g 13 labs cheese all tree weeks old, and one bag seed from good bud in early bloom about two months old. I use advanced nutriants ph perfect...how many more of what temp/watt bulbs should I add to get close to the results of HID lights? Thank you all in advance (smokin since 1976, growing for two months-never too late I suppose) I remove the bloom plant to a dark closet after 12 hours, and keep the auto and two phots in veg for 15 hours...

2. Probably should be good.

If your going to add anymore then just get a HID lighting system. HID lights even same or less wattage have more light intensity then a CFL does. Its why CFL grows tend to be slower, smaller etc. You can get great grows with them though. Another pain is you have to periodically move CFLs around since after about 4-5 inches maybe 6 max the spectrum for growing is no longer there. So you move them closer well if you grasp a CFL they get hot so you cant have them to close. Then if your plants get big you inevitably add more CFLs.

Also CFLs of those size generate a fair amount of heat and you'll need some sort of air flow in there.

A good rule of thumb though is usually you cant get enough light.

3. Thank you. The reason I dont want the hid is energy expence, and I was afraid that if I toch then or get them wet they would explode. I have all my cfls on pullies, and I am ho e bound so I am always around to move them around. Perhaps my next grow as I become more confident and less accident prone I will get a 600 watt hid.

4. hell yea thtl be enough i have 1 26 watt blue spectrum cfl n its growin my og amazingly so far.. of course i have more bulbs but i cant believe how well its doing under only 1

5. If they exploded then household use would not be allowed. US regulates various things like that.

6. you dont need no power bulb man what i do is i keep it in the sunshine by a window or sumwere when its a baby for whenever the sun is shining n then put it under the cfls when the sun gows down till it gets about a foot tal then just bud it out with the cfls man u got enough to get sum pretty good bushes research into DOIN SUM LST n with those cfls youl get sum killer bushes

7. id rather have ur cfl bulbs than a 600w anyday

8. yes that's a good set up. hps and CFL lighting isn't all that different watt for watt used, it's how it's used that is different. I grow with both and have done many side by side grows.

also a 200w CFL will actually use about 150watts. a 100 watt hps will use a little under 150watts. these two if used correctly aren't that different in how much light it gives off

cfls are actually more efficient and turning electricity in to light because less is lost as heat

cfls get a bad rep from being compared to hps of completely different wattage