Suddenly kola tops gone dry and brown

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by dk141, Oct 19, 2018.

1. We've had a trouble grow season (our fourth).
    We grow out door in raised boxes with plenty of space. Last year we did three per bed and had a bumper harvest. This year we did two per bed to see if we could get bigger growth.
    Well we had some nutrient burn at grow/flower stage due to.and then the leaves started canoing and the local guy we buy nutrients said it was broadleaf mites and we nuke'd them since, and they looked better .but we had lost two weeks or so when we thought we were putting In too much. Everything was fine if a but small in one bed. So we flushed Monday, and suddenly we get this (see pictures). The tops of some kolas have gone brown and brittle. It is just a few on three plants. Another guy said something about basilicum and we needed green cure.
    That will be here tonight and we will spray, but we wanted to harvest tomorrow as they haven't had any water since Monday.
    We aren't sure if we can harvest. If we should use GC and then harvest and then spray again.
    Any advice would be most helpful and if you can diagnosis the disease that would also be great.
    This just popped up suddenly and we are worried but we are also taking as a big learning year.

Again any advice is helpful.

Attached Files:

2. Unfortunately, to my eye, that looks like bud rot, remove any affected buds and destroy them (don't smoke them unless you turn them into a solvent hash or completely throw them away)

I could be wrong but you may want to remove one and have a good look at it to confirm if there's mould in it or something else

Sometimes I've had caterpillars cause this (but the end outcome is still bud rot as the caterpillar sets up camp in your bud and it dies around the caterpillar

Sent from my SM-G955F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. We've had a little rot before and it is usually black and wet. But we plan on eviscerating wherever we see. it.
    Thanks for the input.
    David

4. Pull one of the sugar leaves in the area if it comes out easy then most like likely bud rot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk