Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Suddenly can't get high?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by fezz5544, Mar 31, 2009.

1. #1 fezz5544, Mar 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2009
    Hey everyone, I'm new here. I can't believe I didn't know about this board before!

I found GC because I was doing some web research on why, after about 18 months of daily use (vaping for the last 2 months, smoking before that), I suddenly can't get a decent high.

I get my bud legally in California. I bought an eighth of Grape Ape back in January, used most of it, and then bought some C-4 Kush and Sour Diesel a couple weeks ago. The C-4 and Sour Diesel never did much for me (except the first couple sessions), and when I went back to the Grape Ape last night, the effects were very disappointing compared to my experience with it in the past. It also doesn't help me sleep very well anymore.

I use it every day, only at night (usually after 6pm).

Is it possible that I've become desensitized somehow? Does anyone else have a similar experience? Is it permanent?

Thanks for any advice!

(Sorry - I hope this isn't miscategorized)

2. tolerance broham

3. So what do I need to do? Stop for a while?

4. I have the same problem.

Best thing you can do is just stop smoking for a week or (preferably) two. Longer the better. Then after not smoking at all for a bit, when you finally do it'll be almost like the first time.

5. yea. take a lil break.. And welcome to the City :wave:

6. Awesome, thanks! It'll be hard to pull off, but I'm just happy to know this won't last forever.

7. Take a 30 day break and you'll feel like you've smoked for the first time again. Welcome to the city bud, it's great to have ya. :hello:

8. yeah stop for like a week or so

9. its called a tolerance bro ur gonna have to smoke more and even with my tolerance i always get high off crippi(chronic) be lucky ur not like me i gotta smoke bout an 8th a day but i like to stay high

10. You'd have to spend like $2,000/month on weed! I think I'll go with the short break :)

11. i get a special discount ;)

12. Don't smoke until 4/20 and you will have an amazing day. That's what I'm doing. Sucks that I can't sleep though cause I normally smoke to help me sleep but that shouldn't last much longer.

13. This one time I quit for 9 days. I started up again with smoking a little j to myself and was blown away.

14. try a different smoking method....it may help

15. same thing happened to me but ive been smoking daily almost 6 years by now. the most ive gone without smoking intentionally was like 2-3 days in a row and thats because im with my girlfriend n i dont like smoking around her. but i just buy larger amounts of weed and smoke more haha i cant stop for a week or 2

16. Its tolerance.

Two options:

1. Take a Tolerance break for about a week. After a week if you still aren't feeling like your getting high, wait 2 weeks next time.

2. New bud: People can grow tolerances to certain cannabinoids in cannabis. For example, if you always smoke Super Silver Haze, your body will start to get used to the same high, and the same cannabinoid receptors being activated over and over again.

Switch to an indica. Next time your at your dispensary ask for a hard hitting indica. I recommend Hash Plant, Hindu Kush, or any Afghan. It looks like you are smoking a lot of Sativas (or maybe other way around), EITHER way, start smoking NEW shit.

17. either stop for a bit, or smoke more

18. smoking since 14, everyday since 19, so lets see about 25 years roughly of daily toking, only time I cannot get stoned, is when I have a cold commin on or other illness, seems nothing will get past the common cold in my genes.

19. Well thanks for all your help guys. Here's some followup:

I made it 3 days without smoking. Apparently it was enough!

20. fezz5544:
    I went through the same problem but i just realized i was blazing too much. Lol well theres never too much! well daily like most ppl do. But I didnt stop for a month not even a week. If u know how much u smoke daily or w/e then just cut that amount in half or even 3/4. Like each day id come home id relax throw some tunes and have a sesh or two, but if u cut it down to acouple bowls a day you should be fine. hope it works,

Cheers