Such thing as too much?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Joedahoe, Jan 6, 2013.

1. I got my seeds in the mail and i started germinating a cotton candy.

I realize now after its ready i have like 40% soil 60% perlite.

Never done such a high ration of perlite but its been in the cup 24hours and i had to plant it.

You guys think ill be fine?

-Joe

2. Id go 60/40 soil/perlite.. perlite makes your soil loose

3. I know but i didint realize i had all this perlite and barely any soil.

-Joe

4. You can grow in pure perilite....It's fine.

5. You CAN, it doesnt mean you should.

6. #6 xDisciplex, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2013

By that notion.Doesnt mean you shouldnt either.

7. It'll b fine. When you transplant just be sure to use more soil lol

8. What if i dont transplant lol

-Joe

9. Thanks man

-Joe

10. #10 xDisciplex, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2013

Just make sure your water's PH with,and without nutes is between 5.8-6.3.In there is fine.Lower in veg higher in flower generally.

What are you using for soil?I ask because pro-mix is peat based thats limed,and helps buffer PH.If mostly perilte it may not do that as well so you want to be sure your water is perfect.

Quoted from a different forum:

In the germination/seedling/ and vegetative phase of growth MJ will do very well at a PH range of 5.5 to 6.5. You also hear of coco users maintaining their PH at about 6 but the fact is that even coco will do well for the first 3 phases of growth at the same PH. Although potting mixes have less problems with nutrient PH lockout than outdoor soil, for maximum flower development/weight/size/ and vigor your PH should be above 6 and at or below 6.5 in the flowering stage. The reason for this is that the most important nutrient P(phosphorus) in flowering is easily absorbed and assimilated by the plants in the 6 to 6.5 range(its actually higher than 6.5 but we start to run into micro nutrient availability above 6.55). Your plants will do fine from 5.5 to 6.5 but for the best bud development in flowering it needs to be above 6 and below 6.5. Hope the info helps.

11. Can do. Thanks

-Joe